Ballet San Jose Auditions in Los Angeles for the 2010 ballet season. The audition tour will be visiting the west coast in spring 2010. Open auditions are scheduled for May on 2 days.
Requirements for Audition
1. Bring headshot, Resume and Dance Photo, if available.
2. All dancers should bring caractère shoes.
3. Women must wear light or skin color tights and bring pointe shoes.
4. Men must wear light color tights and bring ballet shoes.
5. If you did not pay your $20 audition registration fee in advance, you will be required to do so at the time of the audition. Please have cash or check made payable to Ballet San Jose ready on your audition day.
May 2, 2010
Ballet San Jose
1:00PM – 3:00PM
Location: Ballet San Jose
40 N. First Street, San Jose, CA
(408) 288-2820 (for directions)
May 16, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
2:30PM – 4:30PM
Dance Arts Academy
731 South La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA
(323) 932-6230 (for directions)
Audition instructions for dancers unable to attend the above open auditions.
If you are unable to attend any of the open auditions, you may send a video highlighting your work. Your video must meet these requirements:
1. It should include close-ups.
2. It is preferred that you wear a leotard and light colored tights.
3. Submission must be VHS or DVD. Electronic submissions (youtube, myspace, etc) will NOT be accepted.
4. DVD submissions must be in DVD-R format.
5. Include your Resume, Headshot and Dance Photo with your submission.
6. Include a cover letter stating whether this submission is:
Your submission to request an invitation to a Company Class audition*
Early submission of materials because you will attend an open audition
7. Mail your submission materials to:
Les Reinhardt, Stage Manager
Ballet San Jose
40 N. 1st Street
San Jose, CA 95113