A Portland Oregon station has a News Reporter position open. They are requesting that anyone interested in auditioning for the position please check the guidelines below and submit a tape / DVD and resume by mail to their offices. The auditions are being held through individual submissions for KUNP, Portland. The casting will be open until the position is filled.
KUNP is casting a general reporter for news and community stories. The individual cast for the job will be able to report news as well as generate new stories and develop community connections.
KUNP requests strong written and verbal skills as well as the ability to conduct interviews and research news. They are also looking for a reporter who is bilingual and has both English and Spanish language skills.
• Television reporting experience preferred.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license to use a company vehicle during course of news gathering.
• Travel locally may be required.
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems essential
• Typing and an operating knowledge of standard news computer systems.
• Fluency in English and Spanish both written and verbal is required.
• Must be able to write, speak clearly, read, hear and see (with or without corrective devices) in order to produce news stories for visual presentation on the air.
• Must be able to work weekends and accommodate shift changes including working extended hours.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds of technical equipment as part of routine duties on reporting assignments.
• Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
Environmental hazards may exist when covering a story including but not limited to exposure to dirt, noise, heat, extreme weather variations, machinery, physical and safety hazards.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
SUBMIT RESUME & TAPE TO:
Executive News Producer
2153 NE Sandy Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232