Final Two Stops Confirmed for SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA
* Tour jives into Halifax on March 6 before wrapping up in Calgary on March 13
Toronto, ON – With three stops already complete on the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Season 3 audition tour, CTV today announced the two remaining locations on the cross-country tour. The audition tour will spin into Halifax on Saturday, March 6 at the Bella Rose Arts Centre before it wraps up at the final stop in Calgary on Saturday, March 13 at the MacEwan Conference and Event Centre (University of Calgary), giving dancers two more opportunities to perform in front of the judges and prove that they have what it takes to become Canada’s next Favourite Dancer.
** Media Note ** High resolution photos of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA are available at ctvmedia.ca/dance2010/
The SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Season 3 audition tour kicked off in Toronto in November 2009 before travelling to Montreal and Vancouver. Halifax will be the fourth stop and Calgary will be the fifth and final stop. Auditions are open to all Canadians who, as of November 14, 2009, are of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside, and are no older than 30 years of age. The age of majority in Nova Scotia is 19 and in Alberta it is 18. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. in both cities. Check dance.ctv.ca for full audition details and FAQs.
Audition details are (subject to change):
Saturday, March 6
Bella Rose Arts Centre
283 Thomas Raddall Drive
Saturday, March 13
MacEwan Conference and Event Centre
Room 251, MacEwan Student Centre, University of Calgary
2500 University Drive NW
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA is designed to showcase and judge the talent of Canadian dancers who have roughly the same level of experience and maturity.
Among the rules and regulations that should be noted for the auditions:
* Competitors must be either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
* All competitors must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
* Competitors must be of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside and no older than 30 years of age as of November 14, 2009. The age of majority is as follows: 18 years of age in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan; and 19 years of age in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Yukon.
* All competitors must provide two pieces of identification, including a government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport), at the audition.
* Competitors may bring a non-competing dance partner for purposes of the audition.
* All competitors must bring with them, along with the proper ID, the signed personal release, the completed preliminary questionnaire, and the music sheet. All will be available at the audition site and for download at dance.ctv.ca.
* All competitors are asked to bring with them the completed music sheet indicating the music they will use in their audition, along with the CD containing the indicated music.
* All songs must be “original” songs that are commercially available. A song must not be a re-mix of a song, a song downloaded from the Internet, or a competitor-created mix.
* Competitors will not be permitted to audition in any article of clothing with a visible designer, sports or other logo; artwork; name; photo; or other mark which may be subject to protection by copyright or trademark laws.
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA was created by Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe, and is produced in association with CTV by Danse TV Productions. Sandra Faire and Trisa Dayot are Executive Producers. Susanne Boyce is President, Creative, Content and Channels, CTV Inc.
Source: CTV Press Release