UNIVERSAL STUDIO GUIDES
ENGLISH & BILINGUAL SPANISH
You now have the opportunity to join NBC Universal, one of the world’s largest media companies, as part of our premier guide staff at Universal Studios! As the star of our Studio Tour, you’ll lead behind-the-scenes tours of our over 400-acre complex. The Studio Guide position, when used as a stepping stone for career advancement, gives you a chance to reach for the stars. With your commitment to the Entertainment Industry, you could become one of Hollywood’s next big names. Many of today’s Industry leaders began their careers as Universal Studio Guides.
Members of our team are entitled to many exclusive benefits, including:
- FLEXIBLE Work Schedules
- FREE Seminars and Workshops with Leading Industry Professionals
- FREE Professional Acting Classes
- FREE Industry-Renowned Annual Actors Showcase (currently in its 25th year)
- The Studio Guide JOB PLACEMENT PROGRAM
- The OPPORTUNITY to Network with Colleagues who are Tomorrow’s Industry Leaders, and Alumni who already are
- The OPPORTUNITY to excel in other High Profile Positions in the Company, e.g. Media Escort, VIP Guide, Special Events, etc.
- FREE Private Screenings of Universal Films
- DISCOUNTS on merchandise, food, travel, electronics, media, and much more
Please note: We are extremely selective in the casting of our Studio Guides. In order to be considered for the next step in our selection process, you must have ALL of the following qualifications:
· A Performance and/or Public Speaking Background
· Poise/Stage Presence
· Enthusiastic, Friendly, Outgoing Personality
· Mature Attitude/Self Confidence
· Television/Film Knowledge
· Excellent Speaking Voice
· Exceptionally Well-Groomed Appearance
· Charismatic Live Television Camera Presence
· At least 18 years old
To be considered for employment, you must be available for a series of auditions on April 21st, final interview sessions the week of April 25th, and full-time starting May 7th for three weeks of fun, intensive training. After that, you must be available at least three days a week, including one weekend day. Please note that your availability to work will guarantee the maximum number of shifts. All Studio Guide positions are cast initially on a seasonal basis. Year-round positions are based on seniority.
If you would like a shot at becoming a member of our celebrated team, please bring your performance and/or business resume to our:
Monday, April 19th
2:00PM – 5:00PM
Open Call will be held at the Universal Studios VIP Lounge – 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608. Please park in the Frankenstein Parking Garage located at the top of the hill on the left off of Universal Hollywood Drive (the Lankershim Blvd. entrance). Tell the tollbooth attendant you are there for the Studio Guide Open Call. Enter the door marked “VIP Experience” located just to the right of the main entrance to the park, near the Will Call Window. Please see any available Team Member for directions. All interested Studio Guide applicants must be seen at our Open Call. To submit an application for employment, visit www.ushjobs.com. Universal Studios Hollywood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.