Kandi Burress of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” is teaming up with Bravo TV to bring us a brand new reality show about the music business. After the success of The Kandi Factory special, producers are now casting for an upcoming series.
The Kandi Factory will showcase up and coming singers on the show and is now holding auditions for those singers. Singers and others who are interested in appearing on the show can audition online by creating a video that shows their musical talent and then emailing the link to the video to the shows casting directors.
Kandi and Bravo are looking for great performers who will work hand in hand with Kandi on the show to be transformed into music superstars. No professional experience is required to qualify but you must be 18 or older to be considered.
Do you feel that you have the passion, the drive and of course, the talent to be the next pop music sensation? Here is your chance to find out!
To apply to be the next music star on Bravo’s The Kandi Factory, you must make a video, upload your video to Vimeo, then email a link to that video along with your contact info and completed application to email@example.com – Please upload your video to a video service. Do not send the video through email, only send the link to the video so producers and casting directors can check it out online.
Your video must follow the following format:
1. Please start with name, age, occupation, city you currently reside and city you are originally from.
2. If you come from a unique region or area of the country, talk about where you’re from, how it’s a part of your personality.
3. what do you do for a living? If you have an interesting job, tell us about it!
4. How would your friends or family describe you? Tell us the good and bad. Funny? Arrogant? Spontaneous? Klutzy? Nerdy?
5. What is something that would surprise us to find out about you?
6. How will you interact with the Kandi? The other participants? When describing yourself, remember to cite real life examples.
7. Who are the most important people in your life? If you’re married or dating or have kids, you may want to show us footage of the people important to you.
8. What has been the toughest obstacle you’ve had to overcome?
9. Would America root for you? Why or why not?
10. What is the most daring and crazy thing you have ever done? Describe the circumstance. If you have video or photographs SHOW US!
11. What is your unique and personal motivation for wanting to be on the show? Explain why you would be an excellent candidate for THE KANDI FACTORY!
FINALLY, PERFORM a song of your choice that showcases your singing and performance ability.
Email the links to your movie to the address above, In the subject line type: “your name HT LINKS” (Example: “Jane Doe HT LINKS”).
Please make sure that your video is of good quality. The video does not need to be professional but it must be in focus with good sound and lighting.
Here are a few tips for making your video submission the best possible:
Make sure you have good light but refrain from standing in front of bright windows or in front of a bright light as it may cause a silhouette effect.
Do not hold the camera yourself, have a friend hold it for you to minimize movement of the camera.
Wear something comfortable that represents who you are, refrain from anything with large logos, overwhelming, baggy or very sexy. Try to mostly frame from your chest to the top of your head.
Your video should be no more that 10 minutes long and should be free of transitions or special effects. The footage should be unedited.
Have fun with it and let your talent and personality shine through!