location: Los Angeles
Performers / Actors / Dance Auditions
This notice was posted on auditionsfree.com
location: Los Angeles
Category: Other Projects
Seeking performers who can Act, Dance and Entertain to portray
Principle and Supporting Characters from the film “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” for Grinchmas at Universal Studios Hollywood!
FOR ALL ROLES:
* Roles require strong acting skills, dancing skills or guest interaction skills. Some roles require a combination of skills. Stilt Walkers – If you are interested in a Stilt role, please audition as either an Actor or Dancer. If selected to attend Call Backs, please be prepared to walk on stilts at that time.
* All actors portraying the Grinch will be required to replicate the Grinch from the live action film “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” and will be required to wear full costume including prosthetics and contact lenses. Most all other Who-roles require partial facial prosthetics, except Martha May-Who and Cindy Lou-Who.
* Performances are outdoors, in the elements with movement and/or dancing multiple times a day.
* Must be available for all rehearsals and performance dates listed on the availability calendar distributed at auditions. Training and fittings will start approximately mid-November, rehearsals begin late November and performances are approximately mid-December through the beginning of January.
* Please bring a current picture and resume.
* To be considered for final casting, selected candidates must be able to attend Call Backs on October 17th (Tree Lighting/Whoville and Grinch Performers) and/or October 22nd (Who-villian Face Characters and all Stilt Walkers).
Wednesday, October 10th
11:00am – 3:00pm
(Current AGVA members and current USH employees will be seen first provided they report at the appropriate call times.)
Please prepare a 1-minute monologue as a character from “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”
Principle Roles for the theatrical productions of Tree Lighting and Whoville:
* The Grinch: male actors 5’10” to 6’1”(140-180 lbs).
* Mayor-Who: male actors 5’10” and taller.
* Martha May-Who: female actors 5’6” and taller.
* Cindy Lou-Who: female actors 4’10” to 5’3”.
Supporting Roles for the theatrical productions of Tree Lighting/Whoville and Who-villian Face Characters: male and female performers to portray a variety of Who-roles. Stilt walking experience a plus for some roles. Strong ability to improvise with theme-park guests a plus for some roles. All ethnicities and body types are encouraged to attend.
Wednesday, October 10th
5:45pm AGVA sign-in
6:00pm Open sign-in
Please be prepared to dance
Seeking the same Principle and supporting roles as described in the Actor call to perform at Whoville on the Tram Tour with an emphasis on dance. Advanced or intermediate level of dance skill in Musical Theater or Jazz disciplines preferred. Gymnastics abilities a plus. All ethnicities and body types are encouraged to attend.
LOCATION FOR ACTOR AND DANCER CALL:
The Hilton, Universal City
555 Universal Hollywood Drive
Universal City, CA 91608
For complimentary parking – Take Lankershim exit to Universal Studios Hollywood. Proceed to parking for the theme park. Please provide a copy of this information to the parking attendant, and park in the Frankenstein structure. Proceed across the street to the Hilton and follow the signs for auditions. If you park at the Hilton, you will be charged.
GRINCHMAS ACTOR BREAKDOWNS
PRINCIPLE GRINCHMAS PERFORMERS
All must be strong musical theatre actors and performers and will wear makeup, some including prosthetics i.e., nose, wigs, contact lenses.
Male / Strong Character Actor / Comedic & Improv skills/ Should move well / 5’10?-6’1? / 140-180 lbs.
[He's a mean one, Mr. Grinch. He really is a heel. He's also the classic "worm turned:" the apparently mean, green, wise-cracking Christmas thief's heart grows three sizes when he's shown a bit of kindness and realizes that all of his assumptions about the Who's are wrong. But of course, you knew that.]
Male / Strong Actor / Regal and Commanding / Should move well / 5’10? and taller.
[The esteemed August May-Who is the Grand Marshall of the Who-liday festivities. The Mayor is distinguished, with a childlike "air" to his personality.]
MARTHA MAY WHO
Female / Strong Actress / Should dance-move extremely well / 5’6? and taller.
[The Martha Whowart of Who-ville. She is beautiful in that elegant, high society way. She makes sure every bulb is in place, and every stocking is hung by the chimney with care.]
Female / Strong actress / Small in stature and height / Should dance-move well / 4’10? – 5’3?.
A very special little girl. She is in conflict regarding the whole Christmas celebration. Is gift getting and decorations what it’s all about, or is there something much more important?
All must be strong musical theatre actors and performers and will wear themed makeup and costumes, including prosthetics ie, nose, and wigs
* STU (Who- Brothers, silly and mischievous) – Male
* DREW (Who- Brothers, silly and mischievous) – Male
* GUSSIE GODIVA (Town Grandma type) – Female
* TIZZY FITT (Town Beauty) – Female
* DING O’DELL (Town Crier) – Male
* GABRIEL (Little Band Leader) – Male
FACE CHARACTERS (THE WHO-VILL-I-ANS)
Male and Female / Strong guest interaction skills / All types and sizes / comedic and improv skills a plus
The “players” completely focused on the celebration of the Christmas holiday. The towns’ folk live on a superficial diet of Christmas gifts and goodwill, as they prepare for their celebration of the grandest tradition, the Who-bilation!
Also Casting Santa Doll Dancers and a starlet version of Mrs. Claus for the Holiday Season!
Santa Doll: female dancer, intermediate to advanced dance ability, 5’5? and taller to play a classic chorus girl type.
Mrs. Claus: female dancer, 5’5? and taller to play 1950?s starlet type. Beginning to intermediate dance ability, and acting/musical theater experience preferred.
Cast performs a 5-minute dance routine outdoors in the Theme Park, on concrete, followed by a 30 minute meet and greet with guests, six times a day. Type out audition may apply. Please come dressed to move with dance heels. Please bring a current picture and resume.
When:Saturday, October 13
AGVA sign-in: 12:30pm
Open sign-in: 1:00pm
Where:Infusion Lounge on City Walk
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608
For complimentary parking – Take Lankershim exit to Universal Studios Hollywood. Proceed to parking for the theme park. Please provide a copy of this information to the parking attendant, and park in the Frankenstein structure.
FOR ALL GRINCHMAS AND SANTA DOLL APPLICANTS:
Must be at least 18 years old.
Universal Studios Hollywood is an equal opportunity employer.
All performers hired for these positions will be covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with the American Guild of Variety Artists (AGVA).
For more audition information please call the audition hotline 818-866-4021, or email
Job type: Paid
Casting Location: Los Angeles
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org