AUDITIONS FOR ‘NEXT TO NORMAL’ MUSICAL!
Casting notice posted on auditionsfree.com, casting location: Paramus, NJ
From the theater production company that brought you “RENT” and most recently, “URINETOWN the MUSICAL”, One Dream Productions now holds auditions for our next production, NEXT TO NORMAL!!
When: Monday, February 27th (7-10 PM) & Tuesday, February 28th (7-10 PM)
Place: The Knights of Columbus at 770 Kinderkamack Road in River Edge, NJ.
Wednesday, February 29th (6-10 PM)
Our first rehearsal is Monday, March 19th. Our rehearsals will be 3-4 nights a week at the Knights of Columbus in River Edge, NJ (The same place as auditions).
We will have ten (10) performances taking up two weekends (The last weekend in May and the first weekend in June)
All performances will be at Luna Stage in West Orange, New Jersey.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
Please prepare TWO (2) songs, one ballad and one upbeat: 16-32 bars each.
An accompanist will be present at the auditions, but you are welcome to perform your songs a cappella instead.
Must be at least 17-years-old to audition!!
“Next to Normal” is the acclaimed, ground-breaking musical “that pushes Broadway in new directions” (Rolling Stone). With a thrilling contemporary score, Next to Normal is an emotional powerhouse of a musical about a family trying to take care of themselves and each other. Winner of the 2010 Pulitzer Prize and 3 Tony Awards, including Best Score and Best Leading Actress in a Musical, “Next to Normal” has been described as a contemporary musical that explores how one suburban household copes with crisis. With provocative lyrics and an electrifying score of more than 30 original songs, Next to Normal shows how far two parents will go to keep themselves sane and their family’s world intact.
CAST OF CHARACTERS:
– Diana: a middle-aged wife and mother, afflicted with bipolar depression and delusions for nearly 16 years.
– Dan: Diana’s husband, who tries to be supportive and optimistic despite his wife’s crippling and seemingly permanent illness.
– Gabe: Dan and Diana’s 18-year-old son; a bright, talented young man who serves as a narrator of his mother’s problems throughout the play.
– Natalie: Dan and Diana’s 16-year-old daughter, who tries to do well in school, but finds the stress of dealing
with her mother’s illness is too much to handle.
– Henry: Natalie’s musician boyfriend, who tries to be supportive as Natalie tries to cope with her family.
– Dr. Madden: Diana’s unconventional new doctor, attempts a number of unusual treatments to alleviate Diana’s depression.
Director/Musical Director: Mike Haber
Stage Manager: Amanda Villafuerte
Assistant Stage Manager: Chris Bediones & Ariana Trahanas
Costume Designer: Christa Lewandowski
Props Mistress: Laura Iacometta
TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT!
Casting Location: Paramus, NJ
Contact email: email@example.com