Michigan – Grand Rapids
Bright Idea Pictures is now casting the motion picture, Finding Home.
Casting call information:
Today, June 9th 2012
downtown Holiday Inn
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
310 Pearl Street NW
Grand Rapids, Mich. Please park in the back of the building. Enter in the main lobby area.
No appointment is necessary for the casting call.
Please be sure to bring a resume, headshot and wardrobe sizes with you.
You will be given a short monologue to recite to the casting directors. Auditions will be done on a first come first served basis.
This is non-union and actors will be given IMDB credit and material for their demo reels.
The following roles are being cast:
• NOAH: MALE, 20s, is a depressed 20 something who can’t stand working for the man. He dreams of a simpler life, built on true happiness. His cheating fiancé and dying dad take him over the edge…He befriends a homeless man and begins the journey of his life.
• WALTER: MALE, 50s-60s, rough, homeless and generally shy. A bad car wreck in the 80’s leaves him emotionally scarred. His life long goal is to return to the place he used to call home.
• NAOMI: FEMALE, 50s, Noah’s mother must come to grips with the fact that her husband is dying before her eyes. She is worn down, but refuses to give up hope.
• OLIVIA: FEMALE, 20s, is a gorgeous girl, not sure if she really wants to get married to her high school sweetheart. Things haven’t felt right to her in a while, unfortunately, she mistakenly transforms those feelings into cheating.
• CHARLIE: MALE 70s-90s, is Walter’s best friend. Unfortunately, he’s slowly dying in a retirement home. He’s a down to earth individual who enjoys spending time with friends.
• JOHN: MALE, 30s, is Noah’s boss at work. He’s secretly in an affair with his fiance`.
• JANET: FEMALE, 20s-40s, is a beautiful woman who struggles to make ends meet in a diner she inherited from her father. She befriended Walter years ago, and helps him emotionally.
• YOUNG WALTER: TEENS, young outspoken, and a partier. He has a child with Elizabeth, and gets in a horrible car accident.
• LARRY: MALE, 50s-60s, a grizzly dirty pawn storeowner. His joy in life is ruining lives.
• MECHANIC: MALE, 20s-60s, a man who knows cars, he works weekends at the car shop.
The film will be shot in August and will require a 1 week commitment.