Type: Other Projects
OPEN CALL AUDITIONS
Dancing Classrooms Southern Chicago
Seeking additional Teaching Artists
Monday October 7th & 14th at 2pm sharp!
What is a Teaching Artist?
Dancing Classrooms Teaching Artists are: actors, dancers, educators and individuals who can command a room, engage children, possess rhythm; have exemplary professional conduct and administrative skills; excellent interpersonal abilities; able to work in a team; able to work in a classroom; have a generous spirit, a sense of humor, and comfort with travel throughout Chicago’s Suburban Schools.
A Teaching Artist should also posses the following:
• The belief that every child can learn and excel, regardless of his/her shape, size, family situation or ethnic background
• A passion for dance and creative expression that is easily communicated to, and contagious among, children
• Self confidence in his/her dance and artistic abilities
• High expectations for what every child can achieve through the program
• An ability to express him/herself verbally in such a way that deserves attention
• An understanding of children’s classroom dynamics and how to manage behavior
• Flexibility and a good sense of humor
• Bring your resume and cover letter along with a head shot (if available)
• Applicant must be available to attend unpaid training November 17-22nd in New York City (we pay travel, hotel and per diem)
• Make a solid commitment to a sequential ten week residency two – four days per week in a school during the hours of 8am and 3pm. In addition must be available for preparation of the colors of the rainbow competition, the culmination events, and possible fundraising events where your students may perform.
• Have transportation to get to/from schools across the Chicago suburbs
• Pass a criminal background check
Heart & Sole Dance Studio
7038 18rrd Street
Tinley Park, IL 60477
for more information please visit our website:
City or Location of call: Chicago
Please submit to: by
This casting notice was posted by: Lynzi Scholz, Heart & Sole Dance Foundation