UK – Dublin Casting Call for paid extras
The Showtime horror series ‘Penny Dreadful’ is filming in Dublin and is holding an open casting call for extras.
Penny Dreadful is a frightening psychological thriller that is written and produced by Oscar nominee John Logan who also worked on “Skyfall”, “Gladiator”, “Hugo”, “The Aviator”, “The Time Machine”, “Star Trek: Nemesis”, “The Last Samurai”, “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street”, “Rango” and the upcoming “Noah”
John Logan’s new Victorian series stars Timothy Dalton, Rory Kinnear, Billie Piper(“Doctor Who,” “Secret Diary of a Call Girl”), Eva Green and Josh Hartnett. Though the series is set in London, it will actually be filmed in Dublin. The series will be filming fall of 2013 through spring of 2014.
The first few episodes will be directed by Juan Antonio Bayona, the Spanish film director who also directed “The Orphanage”
The cast so far is:
- Josh Hartnett as Ethan Chandler, a charming, brash, daring man of action who is unafraid of violence and more complicated than he likes to admit.
- Eva Green as Vanessa Ives, an enigmatic, composed heroine who proves herself a force to be reckoned with.
- Billie Piper as an Irish immigrant seeking to escape her dark past.
- Rory Kinnear
- Timothy Dalton as Sir Malcolm, a hardened African explorer on a deeply personal quest.
- Reeve Carney as Dorian Gray, a confident, mesmerizing, yet somewhat isolated man.
- Harry Treadaway as Victor Frankenstein
- Helen McCrory as Madame Kali, a spirtualist.
- Simon Russell Beale as Ferdinand Lyle, an eccentric Egyptologist.
- Danny Sapani as Sembene, a longtime ally of Sir Malcolm.
The series is co-produced by UK ‘s Sky Atlantic and Sam Mendes (“Skyfall”, “American Beauty”). The showrevolves around some of the stories of literature’s greatest monsters such as Frankenstein’s monster and Dorian Gray. The series will put together the origins of literary horror characters, such as Victor Frankenstein, Frankenstein’s monster, Dorian Gray, and Count Dracula, as they grapple with their monstrous alienation in Victorian London.
The original term “penny dreadful” (also called penny horrible) was a type of British fiction publication in the 19th century that usually featured lurid serial stories appearing in parts over a number of weeks, each part costing one penny.
Open casting call location date and time:
9/20 and 9/21
Gresham hotel, 23 O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
12 to 8 pm on Friday the 20th and Saturday 21st of September 2013
They are looking for locals (Dublin area) that are at least 16 years of age of all ethnicities.