Music gig Posted by the Producer/Musical Director
Where: Miami/Fort Lauderdale, FL
This casting notice was posted on auditionsfree.com
Established Beatles musical tribute show “Across the Universe” seeks guitarist/vocalist to perform the role of “John Lennon” within the group.
“Across the Universe” is a musical tribute which performs the music of the Beatles and beyond as accurately as possible to the original recordings. ATU differs from other tributes in that its members are not “impersonators” and do not wear wigs or costumes in an attempt to look like the original members of the Beatles as part of the show.
The band performs between 5-8 shows per month on average. Shows vary from small pub and bar shows, to amphitheaters, theaters, festivals, and private venues. Some travel may be required.
- be proficient on acoustic and electric guitar (professional performance experience preferred.)
- possess the ability and willingness to play Bass on some songs.
- have a strong lead vocal ability.
- be able to harmonize in three and four part vocal harmonies.
- have the ability to pick out and learn guitar parts from the original recordings.
- have appropriate equipment to recreate the guitar sounds on the original recordings.
- work well in a cooperative group environment.
- have a professional attitude and be reliable.
Additional consideration will be given to:
- applicants with formal musical training.
- applicants with existing knowledge of Beatles material/John guitar and vocal parts.
For more information on the group, visit www.acrosstheuniverseband.com.
Interested persons should submit the following information via email to GM and Musical Director Greg Steiner at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Your full name
A brief summary of your qualifications
A link to any sample videos or live recordings (if available)
City or Location of call: Miami/Fort Lauderdale, FL