Type: Reality TV
We are producing a pilot for a TV show that we are pitching to the food networks.
The show is called THE BEST SCHOOL LUNCH EVER!!! The premise is simple: we’re inviting chefs and great cooks into our kitchen to fill a lunch box for a panel of kid taste testers. The kids will eat everything prepared and decide which meal is The Best School Lunch EVER!!!
We are searching for chefs and great cooks to create amazing lunches for kids. Nothing pre-made or pre-packaged. This is a cooking show.
- You must be able to prepare the lunch in 20 minutes – we’re timing you
- What you prepare must be totally unique (but also something kids will LOVE)
- What you prepare must be healthy (or, at least, healthier) – we want ingredients, calories, etc.
- You must have a great personality, really fun and love kids (even the pickiest eaters who will be on our panel)
- You must be able to handle it when an eight year old doesn’t like your food (honestly, it’s probably not the food, it’s the eight year old)
- You must be able to handle it when our host (a food expert) doesn’t like your food (honestly, it’s probably not the food, it’s the snobby food expert)
If you know (and this is important) the daily drama of what in the world will I make my kid for lunch today and, oh by the way, I’ve got 20 minutes to make it or they’ll be late for school then you have an upper hand. There is no greater pain in the butt than making your kid a lunch that they probably won’t eat anyway. And you know they won’t eat school lunch either.
This is a show about creating foods kids will eat. This is a show about prodding kids to try new foods.
This is a show about creating unique, great tasting and healthy meals for kids. It’s a show about knowing what’s actually good for kids to eat as sometimes labels are really deceiving
We plan on shooting the pilot in the next 5 or 6 weeks. The date is TBA, but will be on a weekend. We’ll have auditions for a select few in the next three weeks. The date is TBA, but auditions will also be on a weekend. We will be shooting the pilot (and if picked up, the show) in Dallas.
Here’s what we need: drop us a note, with a photo or home video and tell us about yourself and your skill level/education in the kitchen. Tell us what you would prepare if you were on the show. If we think you have personality and an interesting menu plan we’ll call you. Ultimately, we will probably only see a dozen chefs/cooks for the audition and bring in six for the pilot.
This casting notice was posted on auditionsfree.com
City or Location of call: Dallas