Casting – Music Video PSA
Location: Detroit, MI
Type: Music Video
BROTHERS is a 3-minute music video PSA being produced by the non-profit, “We Are One Together,” whose ethos is to spread messages of self-acceptance: when we accept ourselves, we are in conflict with no one.
BROTHERS follows a boy who realizes he is different, and is fortunate to have an older brother who stands by him and encourages him to be himself, in the face of bias and adversity.
BROTHERS is part of a PSA series that will debut during NY Pride, be shown on digital platforms (Now Next, Dave Digital, Refinery 29, and more), and used in nationwide panel discussions on LGBTQ issues, Islam, and other religions.
Writer/Director: Mike Mosallam (Breaking Fast), a Dearborn native
Shoot dates: May 13-14
Locations: In and around Dearborn, MI
Pay: Unpaid under non-profit guidelines. Will provide raw footage for reel. ***Indicates stipend available.
- NASSIM (6 – 10) – Middle-Eastern. The younger brother, full of life and energy, idolizes his older brother but has a secret he’s not yet ready to share.
- NASSIM (18-21) – Middle-Eastern. Little Nassim, all grown up, hasn’t lost his zest for life, but lost a bit of his spark when he was kicked out of his home by his parents.
- BILAL (8 – 12) – Middle-Eastern. The older brother, good-natured, likes having fun but is always keeping an eye out for his younger brother.
- BILAL (19-24) – Middle-Eastern. Traditional dutiful son, torn and regretful of his decision to not defend his brother when it mattered most – he tries to make amends by inviting him to his wedding.
- OMAR (8-11) – Middle-Eastern. A shy kid who goes to the same Mosque and same playground as Nassim & Bilal. Has an unspoken connection with Nassim.
- DAVID (18-21) – White. Nassim’s boyfriend who comes with him to his brother’s wedding. Professional, well-groomed.
- MOTHER – (40s-50s) Middle Eastern. Culturally traditional and religiously traditional Middle Eastern immigrant parents. Loving but firm. Led by their own fears and ignorance.
- FATHER – (40s-50s) Middle Eastern. Culturally traditional and religiously traditional Middle Eastern immigrant parents. Loving but firm. Led by their own fears and ignorance.
- BILAL’S BRIDE (19-24) – Middle-Eastern. Pretty and traditional.
raw footage for reel, stipend for some roles
City or Location of call: Detroit, MI
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2017-04-28
This casting notice was posted by: Seth Hauer, Producer – “We Are One Together”