Location: Washinton, DC
Open-Call Auditions for Passing
Show to be produced in the 2017 DC Fringe Festival
-2 main female roles: Clare and Irene (black females “passing” for white)
Character age range is 24-34. Ideally looking for an actor that could “pass” for white.
-2 main male roles: Bryan (black male)
Character age range 24-34 and John Bellew (white male) Character age range is 28-38
-Other supporting roles also available: Felise/Zulena (black female) Dave (black male), Hugh/Waiter/Detective (white male), and Gertrude (female who is “passing”)
You may audition with a 90-second monologue of your choice but please be prepared to do cold readings as well. Scripts will be provided at the audition.
Passing is adapted from Nella Larsen’s 1929 novella. Passing refers to racial identification particularly blacks and mixed-race individuals who passed as whites throughout history for a myriad of reasons. The story is told through the lens of two childhood mixed-race friends that reunite after many years, and discover the different paths their lives have taken; one deciding to pass as a white woman, while the other has remained engrossed in the upscale Black community that existed in 1920s Harlem.
Producers: Nileah Bell and Mary Nyingi
Director: Andrew Watring
July 8, 9, 15, 16, & 19, 2017 Fringe Festival
Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 1:00-4:00pm
Shaw Watha T. Daniel Neighborhood Library
Conference Room 2
1630 7th Street, NW
Closest Metro: Shaw-Howard
City or Location of call: Washinton, DC
Please submit by 2017-05-06
This casting notice was posted by: Passing – the Play – DC Fringe Festival
You may also like:
- Casting Dancers and Drummers for Paid Roles in “Judge Me Not- Monologue Show” – DMV Area Judge Me Not- Monologue Show
Immediate casting of one dancer contemporary and or West African dancer.
- Theater Auditions for Male African American Actors in Washington DC, Stage Play “Tenneh” Tenneh
Location: Washington, DC
SEEKING MALE ACTORS: Black/African descent, ensemble roles, ability to play age ranges 11-42...
- Auditions in Winston-Salem, NC for “Steel Magnolias” Robert Harling's Steel Magnolias
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Set in a small town in Louisiana in the time of really big hair...
- Theater Auditions for Stage Play “Seeking Dante” in NYC Seeking Dante - Silent opera for the 2017 chashama GALA
Location: New York City, NY
My work "Seeking Dante" has been selecte...
- Auditions in Atlanta for Impulse Rep Summer 2017 Season Productions Antigone & Julius Caesar Impulse Rep Summer 2017 Season: Antigone & Julius Caesar
Location: Atlanta, GA
Impulse Repertory Company will hold PROFE...
- Open Auditions in Cities Coast To Coast for Lead Role in Upcoming Musical “Once on This Island” Open auditions for lead female role in Broadway musical.
A nationwide search is on for an African American actress to play the lead role of Ti M...
- Casting Call in Memphis, TN for Lead Actors and Minor Roles “A Single Mother’s Prayer” stage play A Single Mother Prayer Stage Play...
Location: Memphis TN
You ever had a dream to be and actor or perform on a stage? The ch...
- Open Auditions in Winston-Salem for “Mamma Mia” Actors and Dancers MAMMA MIA Open Auditions
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
On the eve of her wedding, a daughter's quest to discover the identity ...