Major feature film holding auditions for teens in Austin Texas.
Adam Sandler, Jennifer Garner and Rosemarie DeWitt Movie is casting teens for lead roles! The roles are for teens 15 to 18 in age who are high school students. The film will be begin filming this winter in Austin and continue into 2014.
This is an amazing opportunity for Austin area teenagers who have a love of acting and want to audition for a movie. The films producers are hoping to find some great local talent to fill the open roles.
Paramount Pictures is holding open auditions for 5 teens to fill lead roles in the feature film “Men, Women and Children.” The film will be directed by Jason Reitman (“Juno,” “Up in the Air,” “Thank You For Smoking”). The film is looking to fill 6 parts for teens which include 2 girls and 4 boys. These are not roles for extras, these are large speaking parts in a major feature film.
The new film is a drama that deals with the world of sexual discovery in the new digital age our kids now live in. The film will focus on how the internet affects our families, which includes social media, Facebook, internet and readily available information. The plot is centered around a family that has kids in junior high school.
The new Reitman film is an adaptation of Chad Kultgen’s novel, Men, Women & Children.
An open call is scheduled for Saturday
Texas casting director Vicky Boone Casting lists the following roles available with an open casting call set for Saturday at Austin Studios.
- TIM: Age 15-17; Caucasian or Hispanic. Tall and athletic. Ideally over 6’2″ tall with broad shoulders. He is the star of the football team.
- DANNY: Age 15-17; African-American. Quarterback of the JV football team.
- BRANDY: Age 15-17; Any ethnicity. A non-traditional beauty. She is smart, witty and thoughtful.
- BROOKE: Age 15-17; Caucasian. Cheerleading captain and perfect looking.
- RORY: Age 15 -17; Any ethnicity. Likeable, male cheerleader, spotter.
- BRANDON: Age 16-18; Any ethnicity. Older, unsympathetic jock.
The open casting call is Saturday, October 19 from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Red Building at Austin Studios, 1901 E 51st Street.
All attending the open auditions will be seen on a first come, first served basis as time allows. Be sure to come with a parent or guardian if you are under 18 years of age. Also, you must bring a headshot or a photo that you can leave with casting directors as well as a acting resume if you have one.