Auditions for Singers in Australia and New Zealand for an International Cabaret Contest
If you are an aspiring singer who wants a chance to show off their vocal skills to an international audience, the 12th annual Your Theatrics International Cabaret Contest is now accepting submissions from up and coming singers.
Location: Australia and New Zealand
In its 12th year, the Your Theatrics International Cabaret Contest (YTICC) explodes back onto the scene with new prizes, and hot new talent!
Contestants will take to the stage in heats across Australia and New Zealand, to compete in the biggest cabaret contest in the Southern Hemisphere! Only the best acts from each city will be selected to compete in the Grand Final event at The Basement in Sydney on Saturday 17th January!
Singers are asked to present an 8 minute set which shows off their cabaret flair, while competing for a HUGE prize package which includes cash, bookings on the roster of numerous high profile festivals across Australia and in New York with all expenses paid, a booking on an Australian/Pacific Cruise Ship, a photographic and publicity package and a Hal Leonard music and book package!
This is a singing competition, so there are prizes, check them out:
The Grand Prize Winner this year will receive the following:
- A $1000 cash prize courtesy of The Ron and Margaret Dobell Foundation and Grayboy Entertainment
- A $1000 credit to use towards a fully produced photographic package including styling, shoot, images, prints and a design for their new show courtesy of Kurt Sneddon at Blueprint Studios
- A Music Theatre and Cabaret book and music pack courtesy of Hal Leonard
- Publicity support for the winner’s tour on AussieTheatre.com
- A booking as an artist on an Australia/Pacific cruise ship courtesy of Grayboy Entertainment
- An invitation to perform at the 2015 New York Musical Theatre Festival, with airfares and accommodation up to the value of $3000 courtesy of The Ron and Margaret Dobell Foundation
The Runner Up will receive:
- A $500 cash prize courtesy of The Ron and Margaret Dobell Foundation and Grayboy Entertainment
- A $500 credit to use towards a fully produced photographic package courtesy of Kurt Sneddon at Blueprint Studios
Each winner will also receive various invitations to perform their newly devised show from our respective Major Partners. Invitations may include, but are not limited to:
- The 2015 Adelaide Cabaret Festival including airfares, accommodation and transfers
- The 2015 Noosa Long Weekend Festival including airfares, accommodation and transfers
- The 2015 Ballarat Cabaret Festival including airfares, accommodation and transfers
- The 2015 Melbourne Cabaret Festival including airfares, accommodation and transfers
- The 2015 Queensland Cabaret Festival including airfares, accommodation and transfers
- The 2015 Festival of Voices in Tasmania including airfares, accommodation and transfers
You won’t want to miss some of the best and brightest cabaret talent from around the country, as they compete for a chance to win the ultimate career changing prize! For full event details and information for entrants, visit www.yticc.com.
(Entry fee required)- Entries must be received no later than 5pm on 24th December, 2014.
City or Location of call: Australia and New Zealand
Please submit to: by 2014-12-24
This casting notice was posted by: Your Theatrics