Redmoon NYE Performance Internship Intensive
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Join Redmoon for our performance internship intensive, where you will train and work with Redmoon directors and artists on generating and devising new moments of object-based spectacle theater.
Redmoon has become acclaimed for its massive, spectacle celebrations, involving dozens of performers. Revolution is our annual New Year’s Party, which brings 1000 guests to our warehouse home to experience giant devices, wild musical and fire based performance, spectacle service devices, and performance interventions.
Redmoon is looking for a team of 10-20 interns to serve as core authors of the event’s performance, to devise new spectacle experiences and train with Redmoon’s objects.
The internship experience will feature:
– Dedicated training on Redmoon’s spectacle service devices, which can translate into paid Redmoon-for-Hire opportunities throughout 2016
– A chance to devise new spectacle performance opportunity alongside Redmoon’s seasoned spectacle directors
– A crash course in object-based theater and performance
Interns must be able to commit to:
– 5 rehearsal days (6-8 hours long each): Saturday 12/5, Sunday 12/6, Monday 12/28, Tues 12/29, Weds 12/30
– Performance at the New Year’s Event (Thursday 12/31, 6pm call, 9pm-1:30am event, 2am end of party)
Interns will receive one complimentary ticket to the event as compensation.
Interested parties should contact Will at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition.
City or Location of call: Chicago, Illinois
Please submit to: email@example.com by 2015-11-18
This casting notice was posted by: Redmoon Theatre company