The 2016 Texas Shakespeare Festival is casting actors for multiple shows which include THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, BLITHE SPIRIT, HENRY V, CAROUSEL and a Children’s show.
Electronic / online auditions are now being accepted from actors nationwide. The show offers weekly pay for the actors cast as well a meals, housing and limited travel costs.
2016 Auditions for The Texas Shakespeare Festival
The Texas Shakespeare Festival, a NON-EQUITY summer repertory theatre, is now accepting electronic audition submissions for its 31st season: THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, BLITHE SPIRIT, HENRY V, CAROUSEL, and a children’s production.
Roles for 12 males and 5 females. Actors are cast in three of the four shows and receive $350 a week, dorm housing, fourteen meals a week, and limited travel reimbursement. Contracts run from May 20 – August 3.
Acting Internships for 5 males and 2 females. Interns are cast in three of the four shows and the children’s show, and receive $125 a week, dorm housing, fourteen meals a week, and six hours of college credit.
The video auditions must include:
- two Shakespearean monologues, one of which must be in verse;
- one OPTIONAL monologue from a contemporary play or a play with heightened language (Moliere, Shaw, Sheridan, etc.);
- at least 32 bars of an appropriate song from a musical (something traditional such as Rodgers and Hammerstein, Lerner and Lowe — not from more contemporary musicals such as Rent, In the Heights, Hamilton). For your convenience we have provided sample Accompaniment Tracks and Sheet Music from Carousel.
- a brief “interview” in which you introduce yourself and provide some information about your training and experience and anything else you choose to include.
- both a close-up and a full-body shot to provide an accurate and current image of your appearance.
All submissions must include a song from an appropriate musical.
To submit your electronic audition, headshot, and resume go to http://TexasShakespeare.com/actors
If selected for a callback you will contacted and an appointment will be arranged. Proposed callback dates and locations will be announced at a later date.
For more information visit www.TexasShakespeare.com
City or Location of call: nationwide
Please submit to: electronic audition, headshot, and resume go to http://TexasShakespeare.com/actors by 2015-10-30
This casting notice was posted by: John Dodd, Texas Shakespeare Festival, Managing Director