“House of Cards” season 4 is now casting
Netflix original series, “House of Cards” is coming back for season 4 and holding 2 more open calls this weekend in the DC / Maryland area for folks who would like to be cast in small paying roles on the show.
The political drama is about to begin production. An open casting call for the show is set to be held in Maryland this weekend. The shows casting directors (MHC) are seeking a variety of types including government types, Men in black, business types, people for black tie affairs, cocktail party types and some blue collar types as well. The CD’s are hoping talent attending will come dressed up for the roles they are seeking as they will be taking photos of talent on-site. The open call is for adults, 18+ only. Ladies are asked to attend with their hair and makeup already done.
Netflix recently made the announcement that the popular drama has been renewed for another season. “House of Cards” is a scripted Netflix series about a scheming politician, played by Kevin Spacey and his equally conniving wife. The series stars Kevin Spacey, Michael Gill and Robin Wright. Season 3 left fans with a large question on their minds…. will Claire actually leave Frank. In the season 3 finale, Claire told Frank she was moving out of the White House and leaving him… maybe for good. Fans will have to wait until 2016 to get their answers. No official release date has yet been announced but the show will most likely premiere during the spring.
Season 3 saw Frank Underwood rise to the Presidency just to be equally hated by both parties with Congress working to block him at every turn. He also may have met his match in Russian President Victor Petrov, played by Lars Mikkelsen. “House of Cards” is based on a BBC show of the same name and is produced by David Fincher, Kevin Spacey, Joshua Donen, Beau Willimon, Eric Roth, Michael Dobbs, Dana Brunetti, and Andrew Davies.
“House of Cards” is holding two casting calls this weekend. Casting directors for the show at Marinella Hume Casting will be in Annapolis and White Marsh. They will be interviewing talent in Annapolis on the 30th and White Marsh on the 31st. The show is looking for ‘Men in Black’, government types, upscale cocktail party looks, business men and women and some blue collar folks. Both union and non-union talent are welcome to apply for the roles.
Here’s the notice for those interested in trying to work on the Netflix political thriller:
SEEKING PAID BACKGROUND PERFORMERS
- Government Official Types
- Black Tie Affair
- Men In Black
- Cocktail Party Dresses, Business Casual
- Art Gallery Types
- Working Class
- POLICE OFFICERS/ MILITARY – Please make sure to list all real life experience and set life experience separately. To apply, please email with the Subject Line: Police
- BILLIARDS PLAYERS – Men and Women. Must be somewhat proficient in playing pool or billiards. To apply, please email with the Subject Line: Billiards
- TODDLERS and MOMS – Both the toddler and mother may be working on camera. To apply, please email with the Subject Line: Toddler. Please provide photos of both the child and the mother.
- OLDER WOMEN – 65+ years old, Caucasian, very well put together. To apply, please email with Subject Line: Old Money
- RUSSIAN/UKRAINIAN/BALTIC OLDER MEN – 60+ years old. Cannot have worked on our show before. To apply, please email with Subject Line: Baltic
- FOREIGN DIGNITARIES MEN AND WOMEN – 55+ years old. Should not be American born. African, Indian, and Asian types. To apply, please email with Subject Line: Dignitary
- WAITSTAFF MEN AND WOMEN – Hispanic. Must have real experience as waitstaff. To apply, please email with Subject Line: Fancy
- YOU CANNOT HAVE WORKED THE SHOW BEFORE. As some of these are pretty specific, please share with your friends!
ANNAPOLIS Open Casting Call
Saturday, May 30th, 2015
Time : Between 10 am and 2 pm we won’t turn anyone away
LOCATION : PIP MOYER REC. CENTER , 273 HILLTOP LANE
ANNAPOLIS, MARYLAND 21403
WHITE MARSH Open Casting Call
Sunday May 31st, 2015
Time : Between 9 am and 1 pm we won’t turn anyone away
LOCATION : THE AVENUE AT WHITE MARSH, 8125 HONEYGO BLVD
BALTIMORE, MARYLAND 21236
YOU MUST PARK BEHIND KOBE STEAKHOUSE
Ages 18 & up only at this time please
PLEASE DRESS IN YOUR *BEST* business attire & come “camera ready”. Men use hair product, Women please have your hairstyle and make up applied as we will be taking photos for you.
CURRENT SAG MEMBERS * WILL HAVE A SPECIAL LINE TBD
We Do Not Discriminate Regarding Age, Race, Religion, Ability, or Orientation
PRIOR TO OPEN CALL, PLEASE REGISTER ON
www.marinellahumecasting.com (Google Chrome only)
If you can’t attend, you can email the casting directors your photos and info – Email current selfies name sizes ht & wt union status to: email@example.com
There will most likely be a line, so be prepared to wait. Marinella Hume Casting is also asking that talent interested in working on the show upload their photos to the companies website at marinellahumecasting.com. The open call is for both SAG / Aftra and non-union talent and both groups will have separate lines. Talent is asked to bring 2 forms of ID which will be needed if they are booked.