A new original period drama is in production right now in Virginia.
While the new show’s cast has not yet been announced, it will be executive produced by industry veterans Ridley Scott and David Zucker. PBS is working on an original scripted series about the Civil War and will be hosting an open casting call out for extras in the Richmond area. The show is seeking both union and non-union background talent over the age of 18. The series will begin filming in April and continue into the end of June.
The series takes place during the Civil War. The show’s casting directors are looking for great, timeless, character faces, skinny men to play soldiers, doctors, patients, nurses and other types. The show is set during the civil war in an Alexandria hospital and will require that talent cast wear period costumes. The costume sizes run small so there will be some restrictions due to sizing issues. The show is looking to cast its core group of background actors that will be available to work multiple days throughout filming. Seeking all ages (over 18… must be over 18 at this time) – Caucasian and African American, men and women. Talent attending the open casting call will also need to have their measurements taken on-site for costumes.
OPEN CALL INFORMATION!
Mansion House Productions will hold an extras open call for the upcoming new PBS American drama, MERCY STREET on Thursday, April 2 from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
Extras Casting Director Chad Darnell is looking for men and women ages 18 and older to play doctors, nurses, patients and soldiers in the upcoming Civil War series. Specifically looking for very thin men (with no tattoos) and male amputees to play soldiers.
Please come dressed in t-shirt or a tank top. Please bring a recent snapshot (with name, phone and email clearly labeled on the back) and a pen to be considered.
Open casting call for PBS historical drama, MERCY STREET
Thursday, April 2 from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
2013 Maywill Street Richmond VA 23230
Production will begin filming mid-April and wrap at the end of June.
1) Bring a pen! You will be filling out information sheets.
2) Ladies, please minimum make-up. Our show is set during the Civil War and it’s just helpful for everyone looking at the pics if you’re not glammed up.
3) Please wear simple clothes that hug your body, like a t-shirt or tank top. We will be taking your measurements and tees and tanks help show your musculature, which is is especially important for our patients.
4) PLEASE BRING YOUR SAG-AFTRA UNION CARD! That is your “fast pass!” And we need your number for our records.
5) If you can not make the open call today, please send photos, union status and sizes to MercyStreetExtras@gmail.com
If you can not attend the open call, you may also email photos along with all contact information, all of your (very important) sizes and the city you live in to: MercyStreetExtras@gmail.com
A note to union actors – If you are SAG / Aftra, be sure to bring your card with you as union talent will be given priority and allowed to jump to the front of the line.