Amadeus Audition Notice
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Amadeus, Directed by Deidre Parmenter
AUDITION DATES & TIMES: March 13th, 14th, & 15th, 2016, at 7:00pm
AUDITION LOCATION: Conejo Players Theatre 351 S. Moorpark Rd. Thousand Oaks, CA 91361-1008
REHEARSAL SCHEDULE: March 21st through May 5th, 2016; weekdays from 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: May 6 – 28, 2016, Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 8:00 pm and Sunday at 2:00pm. One additional matinee on Saturday, May 14, 2016.
Please prepare a one-minute monologue that is not taken from the show. Please also be prepared to do a reading from the script. Sides will be provided online for male speaking roles and the role of Constanze. Please note: Non Equity, No Pay.
For more information, visit show page on website at http://www.conejoplayers.org/amadeus
Winner of the Tony Award for Best Play and the Academy Award for Best Film, this provocative work weaves a confrontation between mediocrity and genius into a tale of breathtaking dramatic power. In the court of the Austrian Emperor Josef, Antonio Salieri is the established composer. Salieri has given himself to God so that he might realize his sole ambition to be a great composer, yet Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart — the greatest musical genius of all time — is a foul-mouthed, graceless oaf who has that which lies far beyond Salieri’s envious grasp: genius. ~ RATED PG-13
CAST OF CHARACTERS:
- Antonio Saliere, Male, 31-73, Requires excellent language and vocal skills. Portrays a wide variety of emotion including rage, jealousy, fear, remorse, and love. Charming, sophisticated and resentful of Mozart’s God-given abilities.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Male, 25-35, An immature, coddled, petulant young man. He is brilliant, high-strung, childish, giggly, profane and vulgar, yet genuinely innocent. Physical theatre training a plus.
- Constanze Weber, Female, 19-29, Young and ambitious, she is playful, lustful and a free spirit. Musical background is a plus.
- Joseph II, Male, 40-50, Emperor of Austria. Amiable, short attention span, cheerful, dapper individual who is pleased with himself.
- Count Johann Kilian von Strack, Male, 30+, Groom of the Imperial Chamber. Stiff and proper, humorless, and official to the bone.
- Count Franz Orsini-Rosenberg, Male, 30+, Director of the Imperial Opera. Supercilious opera director. Grand and slightly pretentious.
- Baron Gottfried van Swieten, Male, 30+, Prefect of the Imperial Library. Solemn and lacking any sense of humor, dogmatic.
- Two Venticelli, Male, any age, “Little Winds” – Purveyors of information, gossip and rumor. Absolute need for chemistry and impeccable timing. The two Venticelli often act as one mind. Ability to move well/fluidly is a must
The cast includes several silent. These parts will create an ensemble and chorus that together drive the action of the play. Although non-speaking, the following are featured:
Salieri’s Valet, plays 30+
Salieri’s Cook, plays 30+
Major-Domo, Male – Efficient court servant
Katherina Cavalieri, Female – Plays 20’s and 30’s Salieri’s pupil, then mistress
Teresa Salieri, Female 30’s – Salieri’s wife; a serious woman
Guiseppe Bonno, Male 60s
Payment: Non Paid
City or Location of call: Thousand Oaks, CA
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2016-03-12
This casting notice was posted by: Conejo Players Theatre