The Anthrax Factory: A Romantic Comedy
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
ANTHRAX FACTORY audition notice
We will be holding auditions for The Anthrax Factory: A Romantic Comedy at the Jean Shelton Studios, 533 Sutter, San Francisco, on Sa 2/13 and 2/20 2-5PM, with call backs at Shelton Studios 2/27. A non-Equity production. Pay for most roles $1000 + possibility of box office sharing.
We are looking for
- Mary: mid-late 20s, 30ish; playful, sarcastic, determined, creator of fanciful plots, empathetic, certain sense of lost at first and vulnerable; more grounded than John
- John: mid-late20s, 30ish: boyish, earnest, (too) serious, bookish, nervous, hypochrondriac, also vulnerable (a little bit of Woody Allen about him)
- Colonel Whistledick: 50s; military oaf, rigid, comic, has his ideas about how to do things that are outrageous and counterproductive
- Amahl: Iraqi teen; innocence of a kid with a defiant streak
- Scheherazade: late teens, Iraqi; seductive dancer
- Dwort: late 20s, 30s; knows how to follow orders, very military
- Carlsbad: 20, 30s, basically easy-going, adaptable, serving his time in the military
- Whistledick, Dwort and Carlsbad: diverse casting
Performances 4/21-24 in San Mateo and rehearsals eves and weekends begin 3/20 in Belmont. Both sites are easily accessible from Cal Train.
Please email head shot/resume and any video links or website to email@example.com with date and time you would like to audition. Bring 3 minute piece, preferably comedy, to the audition; we may also read from the play.
City or Location of call: San Francisco Bay Area
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This casting notice was posted by: hal gelb, director