TV show auditions for kids
Karge + Ross Casting in Illinois are holding auditions for a speaking role on the new “Exorcist” TV show.
The 1970s horror classic, The Exorcist, may be coming to TV. The show is filming the pilot in the Chicago area and there is a casting call out for a child actor to fill a speaking role in the pilot episode. The projects principal casting directors are looking for a male, child actor. The role of “Luis” calls for a Hispanic, heavy set bookish type who is 11 or 12 years old. Auditions will be by appointment only in the Chicago area. Kids wanting to audition for the speaking role must have their parents submit the information below to the casting directors in order to be considered for an in-person audition. Please note that they are only looking for Chicago area kids on this and kids must have an Illinois work permit or able to get one ASAP if selected.
The Extras casting directors for this project are also looking for teen boys between the ages of 12 and 16 to work as paid background actors in a scene that will be filming on the 24th of this month. Please see the casting notices below for all the details.
FOX has ordered a TV series pilot for a new version of “The Exorcist” which they are hoping will get some heads turning and tuning in to a modern re-telling of the story. The new show is based on William Peter Blatty’s bestselling book, The Exorcist. The network describes the show as “a propulsive, serialized psychological thriller following two very different men tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession, and confronting the face of true evil.”
The show’s extras casting directors at Chicago’s 4 Star Talent are looking for paid extras in the area as well. See this page for The Exorcist extras casting notices in Chicago.
Please read ALL the details below and submit properly in order to be in consideration for them.
SPEAKING ROLE: “Luis”
Auditions being held for the following role:
Boy, Hispanic, 11 or 12 YRS OLD, a heavyset, bookish kid, Luis hangs out with his uncle Tomas. Though he’s shy about how things are going at school, he appreciates the fatherly love he receives from his uncle.
You must have a current IL work permit through their casting company or a local talent agency. If you do not have a current work permit for your child and you get called in to audition, you must be prepared to get the Work Permit ASAP*
If interested and available, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
1) Subject Line: LUIS
2) Include your name, age, height and weight along with email and phone number.
3) Give us a brief description of your child’s acting experience or on set experience. If he does not have any experience, please list that as well.
4) Attach a headshot and/or candid photo or headshot in JPEG format. Make sure the photo is taken in decent lighting (no selfies), no sunglasses. Show us your style but make sure we can see your face! If you happen to have a photo of yourself in scrubs or lab coat, please send in that photo.
NOTE: Rename the title of your photo with your Full Name. You should do this with all of your submission photos.
5) List if your child has a current IL work permit and list the employer that is listed on the Work Permit.
Karge + Ross Casting will contact you if they would like to bring your child in for an audition.
Casting call for TV pilot, teen boys ages 12 to 16.
CASTING CALL: The Exorcist Pilot
SHOOT DATE: Thursday, March 24th
NON-UNION ROLES: Male Teens
Males, Ethnicity: Hispanic & African American, Age Range 12-16.
NOTE: You must have a current/valid IL Work Permit through 4 Star Casting or a local talent agency in order to submit.
If interested and available, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Put “MALE TEEN” as the subject line of your submission.
2) Include your name, age, height, weight, phone number, zip code and email address
3) Send a RECENT candid photo in jpeg format – close up and full length – Make sure the photo is taken in decent lighting (no selfies), no sunglasses, no hats!. Show us your style but make sure we can see your face! The better the photo, the better your chance of being submitted.
NOTE: NAME YOUR JPEG PHOTO WITH YOUR FULL NAME!!!
Right click on the photo and it will give you an option to re-name the file, Re-name it with your full name.
4) Confirm that you have a current IL Work Permit through 4 Star Casting or a local talent agency. List the employer that is listed on your work permit in your submission.
5) If you have already been booked or sent an availability check for this project, please do not re-submit.
We are asking for a lot of information, please double-check your submission carefully before hitting send.
We will let you know if you are in consideration!
Please only apply if you completely fit the description and live in the Chicago area.
Be sure to also check out all the other projects casting in Chicago.