Movie auditions for speaking roles
CHICKASAW NATION PRODUCTIONS WILL BE HOLDING OPEN CASTING CALLS FOR THE CHICKASAW RANCHER.
Chickasaw Nation Productions is producing a movie that will be filming in Oklahoma and Texas. There are open casting calls happening in the state of Oklahoma this month as well as Texas. Casting directors are looking to fill many principle, speaking roles.
The movie is also looking for many extras. Folks wanting extras roles do not need to audition. Extras may check out this page for details and submission instructions.
According to the press release for the movie, “The Chicksaw Rancher” is a period piece inspired by the life of 19th century Chickasaw rancher Montford T. Johnson. Orphaned at a young age, Johnson survived great hardships and tragedy to establish a vast ranching empire along the famous cattle highway of the American West, the Chisholm Trail. Inspired by recounts of Johnson’s life, this dramatic story tells of his time among settlers, cowboys, Indian fighters, bandits and fur traders. Armed with a colt revolver and dreams of a better life, he had the grit, determination and courage that was needed to tame what seemed an infinite wilderness, while always maintaining respect for the Native people who lived there.
- JACK BROWN: MALE, 25-35 yrs old, AFRICAN AMERICAN. ((MUST have strong experience with horses/riding horses) Hardworking and a deeply thoughtful man who is unflinchingly loyal. A man of patience, but cross him or his friends and you will pay a costly price. LEAD
- GRANNY VICEY: FEMALE, 65-75 yrs old, NATIVE AMERICAN. Granny Vicey is one of those old souls that seems to have been around forever, having stored in her memory remedies, wisdom, and advice for just about any situation. STRONG SUPPORTING
- JESSE CHISHOLM: MALE, 55-65, NATIVE AMERICAN/CAUCASIAN (mixed race). Jesse is a mixed-blood Cherokee fur trader and frontiersman, a man who has lived an extremely rich and adventurous life. STRONG SUPPORTING
- RISING WOLF: MALE, 25-35 yrs old, NATIVE AMERICAN. (Experience with horses/riding horses preferred) A Cheyenne Indian who forges a strong friendship with Montford. Rising Wolf is loyal, brave, and honest. He’s a good father who always puts his tribe before himself. STRONG SUPPORTING
- LT. RICHARD PRATT: MALE, 45-55 yrs old, CAUCASIAN. Lt. Pratt is a reflection of the official U.S. Army and U.S. Government belief that the “wild Indians of the plains must be civilized” for the good of the Indians and the country, so that is his mission and he will fulfill his duty. However misguided, he truly believes that what he is doing is for everyone’s benefit, including the Indians. So, being the ideal Army officer, he does exactly what he’s told, but he does so without malice or vengeance against the Indians, unlike so many of his fellow officers. STRONG SUPPORTING
- HOLDEN: MALE, 45-50 yrs old, CAUCASIAN. (Experience with horses/riding horses strongly preferred) He is a large man with an intimidating look. Holden is a giant psychopath who lives in the wild. He is essentially an animal in human form — he makes his living by selling human scalps to the Mexican government. STRONG SUPPORTING
- ADELAIDE CAMPBELL: FEMALE, 25-35 yrs old, NATIVE AMERICAN. Wife of Michael Campbell and sister to Montford, She’s a good mother, hard worker, and loves time with family. SUPPORTING
- CAPTAIN MICHAEL CAMPBELL: MALE, 23-28 yrs old, CAUCASIAN. (Experience with horses/riding horses strongly preferred) He is Mary Elizabeth’s brother and Montford’s brother-in-law. Michael is a born fighter. His dashing good looks and bravery is what attracted Adelaide to him, but it’s also what got him killed at a very young age. SMALL SUPPORTING
- CLARENCE “CHUB” MOORE: MALE, 30-35 yrs old, NATIVE AMERICAN. “Chub” Moore is Montford’s cousin. He is a happy, over-eager, well intentioned, rounded, Chickasaw. He is a man who loves his family and his food. An easy-going, humorous man, his nickname “Chub” reflects him in every way. Chub is also an incredible cook, and can make a meal out of a cactus and some weeds. SUPPORTING
- JOE CARLTON: MALE, 60’s, NATIVE AMERICAN. He is a weathered old timer who has lived a modest life in the area near Montford’s land. His worn-out body has slowed him down and he struggles to keep up with the workload of his ranch. SMALL SUPPORTING
- CHIEF TEN BEARS: MALE, 65-70 yrs old, NATIVE AMERICAN. He is a legendary Comanche chief whose permission Montford needs to run his cattle through Comanche land. SMALL SUPPORTING
- REBEKAH JOHNSON: FEMALE, 23-28 yrs old, CAUCASIAN/NATIVE AMERICAN (mixed race). She is Montford’s and Adelaide’s Chickasaw-Scottish mother. Sickness has ravaged her body transforming the once strong and vibrant woman into a pale and weak shadow of her former self. Yet even as her body fades into death, she says words of love to her children, sharing an amusing story with them to quiet their fears, and reminds them of their proud Chickasaw heritage. ONE SCENE
- 12-YR OLD EDWARD BRYANT JOHNSON: MALE, 12-13 yrs old, NATIVE AMERICAN/CAUCASIAN (mixed race).(Experience with horses/riding horses strongly preferred) He is Montford and Elizabeth’s son. He looks up to his father, who is his hero, with great respect and admiration. SUPPORTING
- 4-YR OLD EDWARD BRYANT JOHNSON: MALE, 4-6 yrs old, NATIVE AMERICAN/CAUCASIAN (mixed race). He is Montford and Elizabeth’s son. (4-6 years old). He looks up to his father, who is his hero. SUPPORTING
- YOUNG MONTFORD: MALE, 6-7 yrs old, NATIVE AMERICAN/CAUCASIAN (mixed race). He is the young version of our main lead character, Montford Johnson. SMALL SUPPORTING
- YOUNG ADELAIDE: FEMALE, 8-9 yrs old, NATIVE AMERICAN/CAUCASIAN (mixed race). She is the young version of Adelaide Johnson, Montford’s older sister. SMALL SUPPORTING
- YOUNG RISING WOLF: MALE, 13 yrs old, NATIVE AMERICAN. (Experience with horses/riding horses strongly preferred) Full-blooded Cheyenne, strong and skilled, you can see a glimpse of the warrior he will become even at this young age. He rescues Young Montford when he falls into a ditch and quickly begins sinking into quicksand. ONE SCENE
- TOM HANNAH: MALE, 40’s, CAUCASIAN. A resident of St. Augustine, he is heavy-set with an air of the Old South. SMALL SUPPORTING
- SENATOR GARLAND: MALE, 60’s, CAUCASIAN. Senator Augustus Hill Garland is a distinguished 19th century gentleman, dressed in the best suit and tall top hat. A man of authority but who doesn’t flaunt his power, unless when necessary to right a wrong. ONE SCENE
- CATHOLIC PRIEST: MALE, 50-60 yrs old, CAUCASIAN. He is the priest who performs the marriage ceremony for Montford and Mary Elizabeth. ONE SCENE
- COWBOYS (multiple roles): MALE, 25-40 yrs old, AFRICAN AMERICAN, NATIVE AMERICAN. (MUST have strong experience with horses/riding horses) They are the cowboys who work with Montford to gather and move the cattle across the rough terrain.
- ARMY SOLDIERS (multiple roles): MALE, 25-40 yrs old, CAUCASIAN, AFRICAN AMERICAN. (MUST have strong experience with horses/riding horses) These are various soldiers who serve alongside Sgt. Richter and Lt. Pratt.
Please see this page for further role information as well as the role sides.
Related movie auditions – Open Casting Auditions for “The Chicksaw Rancher” in Dallas Texas
ONLINE AUDITIONS & CHARACTER INFORMATION
If you are unable to attend an open casting call, please submit your audition online. To submit an online audition, or to view character descriptions and download audition scenes, please visit www.bhcasting.com/chickasaw-open-call.html.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN AUDITION:
Upon arriving, please proceed to the check-in desk where staff will be able to answer basic questions about how the audition will run. At check in, we will record your name, the time you arrived and take your headshot and resume. You will also be asked to fill out an Audition Application form.
We will do our very best to keep the audition running smoothly. Please be prepared to allow time for check in and filling out paperwork. If it is your first time to a particular audition location, please plan enough travel time to navigate an unfamiliar place.
The Audition Room
Your audition will be run by casting staff. As you enter the audition room we will introduce ourselves and give you a few instructions to help you through the audition. The room setup will vary based on location. You will be asked to read on camera and in front of casting staff. The audition will take 2-3 minutes.
All auditions are closed auditions. This means that we do not allow anyone into the audition room who is not auditioning. While we understand the important role the support of friends and family play in every performer’s life, the audition is one place you must go on your own. If someone does accompany you to an audition, they will be asked to wait in the holding area of the audition venue.
Extras may check out this page for details and submission instructions.
Open casting call for “The Chickasaw Rancher”
April 22, 2017, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 777 W. Cherokee St., Catoosa, OK
April 8, 2017, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Lone Star Park, 1000 Lone Star Parkway, Grand Prairie, TX
Casting Callbacks during the week of April 23.