Master of Ceremonies for National Dance Competition
Location: Orlando, FL
StarQuest International is a performing arts competition UNLIKE ALL OTHERS. We tour 60+ cities each year and deliver a truly unique experience to young performers. Collectively, we are a team of creative leaders with different skills and personalities who work non-stop together to deliver the best experience possible to anyone we encounter. We are looking for motivated leaders to join our touring Road Warrior team.
What POSITIONS are we looking for?
• Emcee/Awards Host: This position is for charismatic personalities who crave the opportunity to work as a team, inspire young artists, interact with people, and learn new tech skills. On stage, our Emcees must not only be vibrant hosts who can take and adhere to scripts, but also skilled improvisers and listeners while conducting interviews with dancers. Only 15% of this position is on stage as other responsibilities include giving breaks to the Audio/Video Crew, helping the Stage Manager, and interacting with the dancers. Impeccable diction, dedication to teamwork, and a supportive attitude are a must!
What QUALITIES do our Road Warriors possess?
- Innate leadership with prior experience in their field
- Impeccable logistical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication
- Mastery of time management & multitasking
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to load in/load out & carry heavy equipment
- Skill in moving quickly through time and space
- Ability to work well on little to no sleep (And thrive while doing it!)
- Sense of humor
What’s in it for YOU?
This is a truly unique experience that will allow you to grow personally & professionally. You’ll work side by side with people who love what they do and strive to find the best way to overcome obstacles and accomplish a common goal. It is challenging, yet extremely rewarding. With this type of work and schedule, you will have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to evaluate your own skills and grow to your fullest potential.
Mandatory Training for all Road Warriors in Raleigh, NC:
Emcees: January 8 – 21, 2018
Travel, pay, & lodging provided
January 25th – May 28th, 2018 (Excluding March 29th – April 2nd).
You will be OFF one of the first three weekends:
Jan 25-29, Feb 1-5, OR Feb 8-12
**Most weeks you will travel to the event on Thursday early morning and return home on Monday afternoon
-Positions have no union jurisdiction
-Competitive pay with seasonal and yearly increases
-Travel, food/per diem, & double occupancy lodging provided on the road
City or Location of call: Orlando, FL
Please submit to: email@example.com
This casting notice was posted by: StarQuest International