The second season of “The Chi” is in production and now casting.
Life in the South Side of Chicago can get a bit dangerous. The show focuses on kids and their families who live in Chicago’s south side and navigate that world where simple decisions may have grave consequences.
The Chi is a drama which was created by writer Lena Waithe. The Chi is all about life in a rough neighborhood in Chicago’s south side. The show airs on Showtime and premiered on Showtime on January 7, 2018. Later that month, Showtime announced that it had renewed the series for season 2. Season 2 just began production in Chicago.
According to the show’s description… The young adults of the area are trying to scrape a living for themselves, while the elders sit on their front porches and observe the goings on. The South Side has the potential to crush dreams, and this coming-of-age series focuses on Kevin, a preteen who embraces the normal rites of childhood, Brandon, who makes a leap of faith to succeed in love and life with Jerrika, Emmett, who seeks guidance from his mother, and Ronnie, who is a drifter struggling to be loved. All of them are linked together by sheer coincidence as they seek redemption.
Interested? Here are the details:
Please note that you must live in the Chicago area in order to be considered.
CASTING CALL – THE CHI SEASON 2
FILMING DATE: EXACT DATE IS TBD – it will be a 1 day shoot sometime between 7/17 – 7/27. We film Monday – Friday.
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
*If you have previously worked as a featured extra role or you were in a core group on The Chi Season 1, please let us know what date/role in your email submission (I.E. Corner Boys, Reggie/ Trice’s Crew, Chefs, Meldrick’s drug users, Teachers/Crossing Guards)*
1) REAL DJ W/EQUIPMENT
Male, Any Ethnicity, Ages:18-40. We are looking for a REAL DJ that has their own equipment that can potentially work in the scene.
RATE: $150/8 + $25 EQUIPMENT BUMP IF USED
2) REAL MAKE OUT COUPLES
Male/Female, Any Ethnicity, Ages: 18-35. We are looking for real couples that are comfortable making out in the scene, which will be a party/club scene. The females may be dressed in party wear/cocktail dresses/sexy outfits. You must be comfortable making out and with the content of the scene. We are asking that you submit as a real couple in one email submission.
If you have already filled out a registration application on the POP platform and would like to be considered for this position, please follow the directions in sending the email below.
If you want to be considered for this role, and you have NOT ALREADY RECEIVED AN EMAIL WITH LOGIN DETAILS, please follow this link to create your online profile:
We will reach out to you through the POP platform to confirm if you are in consideration.
Send an email to email@example.com with the role in the subject line – REAL DJ W/EQUIPMENT or REAL MAKE OUT COUPLE
1) Please include your name so that we can easily look you up on the POP platform
2) Your POP profile must include the following current photos for us to be able to submit you to the producer: Close-up, Full Body Shot of what you currently look like and a photo of your vehicle.
3) If you previously worked in a core group on Season 1, please let us know in what role you were booked.
4) If you are submitting for the DJ Role – please confirm your DJ experience and confirm the DJ equipment you own that can be used in the scene.
5) If you are submitting for the Real Makeout Couple – please confirm you are comfortable with the content.
6) Confirm you are 18 or older and out of high school.
7) Confirm you have open availability during this time frame for a 1 day shoot. Please also make sure to update your POP calendar.
We will be in contact with you via the POP platform if we would like to consider you!
The Chi is also casting some kids in the Chicago area.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CHILD. ALL STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED PROPERLY BEFORE YOU SUBMIT AN EMAIL!
CASTING CALL – THE CHI – SEASON 2
FILM DATES: JULY 17 – NOVEMBER 13
CORE SCHOOL KIDS:
Boy/Girl, African American, Hispanic, Asian, Middle Eastern, Indian, Ages: 9-15. To be considered for core, your child must have open availability during the filming dates. The Core kids may work anywhere from 1 – 4 days an episode, depending on the needs for that episode.
STEP 1.) Your child MUST have a CURRENT Work Permit from the State of IL to be considered that will be good until at least November 13th.
If your child does not currently have a work permit- please download the “Registration Packet for Minors” on our website, which will instruct you on what necessary paperwork is needed and where to obtain a work permit.
Please note: Work Permits expire one year from the ISSUE DATE. We recommend that you start the process to renew your child(ren)’s work permit two weeks prior to it expiring.
If your child has a current Illinois work permit through a local Chicago talent agency, i.e., DeSanti’s Kids, Lily’s, Babes N Beaus, Stewart’s, Shirley Hamilton, etc., it is valid to work on any 4 Star Casting Project.
STEP 2.) Once your child has obtained the Work Permit, you can then go back to our website to “Register” your Minor.
STEP 3.) During the registration process, you will be asked to complete the 4 Star Casting – minors registration master survey for your child(ren). You fill out the survey by clicking the red button on our website that says “REGISTRATION SURVEY” once the survey is complete – you will need to go back and click on “MINORS PROFILE CREATION” and then upload your child(ren)’s photo(s) to agency suite. These steps must be completed before you submit an email! The master survey was recently updated, and the agency suite photos are new, so unless you have completed this process since Monday, 6/25/18, you should go back to the registration link, and update. Screen shots of the steps are attached!
Once all 3 steps are complete –
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CORE SCHOOL KID in the subject line
1) Please include your name and the name of your child. Include your phone number, your child’s age, height, and weight.
2) Attach a recent photo of your child.
3) All children must have a work permit to work in the state of Illinois. Please confirm your child has a work permit through 4 Star Casting or a local talent agency and confirm the expiration date.
4) Please confirm your child is out of school for the summer and list the date they will return back for next school year.
5) Please confirm that you completed all 3 steps prior to submitting an email.
All steps must be completed properly in order to be considered! We will reach out to you if your child is in consideration for CORE.