“Small Change” a Drive Thru Drama production
Location: Washington D.C., Northern VA
Performance Dates: Friday-Sunday, July 3- 5 and July 10-12
6-8 p.m. (timed entrances)
The Alden is looking for a diverse group of actors to perform in the show. Priority will be given to actors who live, go to school or work in the MCC tax district (Small District 1A-Dranesville). There are no age or gender requirements in the script, but all actors must be 14 years old or older. To audition, auditionees must submit their casting form and a recorded video monologue from the show on Instagram using the hashtag #thealdendrivethrudrama. The casting form and monologue will be provided on www.aldentheatre.org. Actors must upload and tag their audition videos and submit the casting form by Monday, June 15.
Go to aldentheatre.org for more info and audition side.
Actors will be notified of their casting decision. At least two understudies will be selected in case an actor cannot perform. The rehearsal schedule is not finalized but will include one Zoom read through with the full cast, approximately three, in-person rehearsals and up to two dress rehearsals. In person rehearsals will be scheduled for approximately 20 minutes with one actor at a time.
Safety precautions that adhere to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention and Fairfax County Health Department guidelines include:
1. The driving route will be drawn on the ground so that actors are a minimum of six feet away from cars and each other at all times.
2. Stop signs will be placed at appropriate viewing points and drivers must follow all applicable traffic laws.
3. Actors will be provided one face shield which they must wear to all in-person rehearsal and shows. Shields will be made by The Alden staff as to not purchase items needed by healthcare facilities.
4. Actors will provide their own costumes, set and props so that they are the only ones touching their items.
5. All audience members should wear a mask. Those who are considered to be in a high-risk category for contracting Covid-19 should consult a doctor before purchasing tickets.
6. Front-of-house operations will be no-touch and will be conducted from a minimum of six feet away from vehicles.
7. Other precautions may be taken if recommended by the CDC or the Health Department.
Questions? Contact The Alden Youth Theatre Programs Director Danielle Van Hook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment: Non Paid
City or Location of call: Washington D.C., Northern VA
Please submit to: email@example.com by 2020-06-15
To audition, auditionees must submit their casting form and a recorded video monologue from the show on Instagram using the hashtag #thealdendrivethrudrama
This casting notice was posted by: The Alden at the McLean Community Center