New York City Game Show Auditions
Top TV network featuring REAL New Yorkers and their knowledge of pop trivia & NY nosh. Win $$ & have fun!!!
Working title (NY Know It All). For details & application email: email@example.com. Let us know your name, the borough you reside in (Path train accessible is ok) & your phone / email.
YOU…if you fit ALL of the following criteria:
– Live anywhere within the 5 boroughs (or “Path train close”, like Hoboken)
– Would love the opportunity to win thousands of dollars
– Have an incredibly outgoing personality (think Game Show!)
– Know about movies, TV shows & basic pop culture trivia
– Know a little bit about “NY food”, Sample question? Name a food item you can buy from a street food vendor…
– Would easily be able to send a 1-2 minute video of you & your NYC (any borough) living space
– Can easily take one day off from work if chosen
*Please don’t apply if you don’t fit the above requirements to a tee
– Represent the melting pot mix that is NYC
– Have an interesting, fun or funky apt. (ie: bathtub in the kitchen, Brooklyn brownstone, bright pink studio filled with abstract art pieces, etc.) NOTE: ”Living Space” can also be your NYC office, if you run the office and it’s a fun interesting space & company
– Have a friend/roommate/spouse/lovey-dovey that would like to participate with you
We are casting fun people who live, work and/or play in NYC…so for the “package” (the bit of the show where you are introduced, a little TV intro. – photo/video/montage about the contestant) we want to show a picture or two or three…of your living space – real NY living spaces (not some made up TV version). We want to see it lived in the way YOU live in it. IE: If you baked last night & went to sleep with dishes in the sink, LEAVE them, or if you just did laundry and there are piles everywhere waiting to be folded, LEAVE it as is; if your son’s Lego’s are strewn out all over the table or if you’re an artist & your canvas is being stretched in the middle of the room, LEAVE it be. It’s not about a glimpse into a lovely “sterile” home but a quick gander at how REAL New Yorker’s live…and play! If indeed, you are super neat, so be it…leave your apt. just the way it is for the pics.
NOTE: The photos & requested video will not air; they are just to give us an idea for your possible Real NY intro package, if chosen.
Pictures of your home
Include one or two of every room in your home (for a studio apt., that’s easy!)
Lower resolution photos are best
Two pictures of yourself
If applying with a roommate, spouse, partner, friend, etc., include a picture of the two of you together as well
1-2 minute video of you in your home
Have someone take a short video of you and your awesome personality giving us a tour of your NY nest. Take us through every room (again, just to give us ideas for an opening intro package). Make sure you are on camera too, not just your place
Three Items needed to apply
1) Completed application (if applying with a “partner” each complete a separate application).
2) Photo of you & photos of every room in your pad (for consideration for show’s intro. packet)
3) 1-2 min. video of you in your NYC home
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not send items separately. Wait until you have ALL three items. Separate items will not be considered. So strict, I know! ?
If you fit ALL of these requirements (& ideally 1 or 2 of the bonus requirements), APPLY RIGHT AWAY!
(If applying with a “partner” each person should send in a separate application)
Address (include: city/state/zip)
1) Are you applying as a team? If so, please list the other person(’s) name, relationship, email, cell number & mention if you live together (which is ideal).
2) Are you a US citizen?
3) What is the name of your neighborhood (i.e. Park Slope, Astoria, etc.)? How long have you lived there? Do you rent, own, sublet?
4) Describe your home: (i.e.: “I share a one bedroom rental in a pre-war doorman elevator building w/ my husband who will be applying to “play” with me. We have three cats in the apartment. It’s loaded with vintage furniture & floor to ceiling books in the living room. The bedroom is messy, the living room is neat, except the books. White carpet in every room & framed Broadway posters throughout”). Please be that detailed in your description.
5) Tell me a couple fun facts about yourself (i.e.: I go roller-skating every Sat. night. I am a vegetarian. I moved from Italy to NYC six years ago. I still have a slight Italian accent.)
6) What are your two favorite New York activities?
7) What is your favorite meal to prepare at home?
8) Do you use a microwave with a digital timer when cooking at home?
9) What are your 3 favorite places to order food delivery to your home?
Include: Name of restaurant, address & favorite items ordered.
10) What special knowledge/passions/talents/hobbies do you have?
11) What are some interesting items in your home (i.e.: a wall of framed crayon drawings our kid made, a large ceramic Buddha statue that we got in Thailand last year in the entryway, stacks of vintage record albums, etc.?)
12) What pop culture trivia do you excel in (ie: Woody Allen movies, Olympic figure skating, 80’s TV-specifically Miami Vice & Melrose Place)?
13) What magazines do you subscribe to or read on a regular basis?
14) Do you watch TV? If so, are there any shows from the past decade you’ve seen every episode of?
15) Have you been on a game show in the past? (If so, approx. when did you shoot? When did it air? And did you win money/prizes? If so, what/how much $?)
NOTE: This info does not necessarily disqualify you.
16) Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If so, explain.
17) What are the best days/times to chat briefly with you via phone, if we get to that point in the process?
18) Would you be able to take off an entire weekday if chosen for the game show (possibly with only a few days notice)?
NOTE: Please do not send the application without the requested photos & video. Send all three to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks & best of luck!