The HBO TV series “Looking” is in need of many extras of various types.
Looking an HBO dramady set in San Francisco. The series focuses on the lives of 3 gay friends and premiered last year. Some time back, HBO announced that the show would be renewed for a second season. Season 2 is now in production in the Bay area and looking for paid background actors / extras who are local to SF Bay.
Casting directors for the show have an ongoing call out for talent, Men & Women in their 20s-30s to portray Hipsters, Techies, LGBTQ Community, Bar Goers, etc. Friends & Real Couples encouraged. There is also an immediate need for the dates and roles listed below.
Beau Bonneau Casting are seeking Bay Area local Extras 18+ for LOOKING in San Francisco, shooting Mon – Fri through 11/20 in SF.
WE ARE IMMEDIATELY SEEKING THE FOLLOWING TYPES:
– Thurs 10/23 (Approx 12PM – 6PM) in SF – Mission/SOMA Diner Customers 18 & over, including Gaymer/LGBTQ Prom Goers in semi formal/casual/club wear, and Pedestrians with Cars to be parked
– Fri 10/24 Gaymer Prom Attendees (Approx 10AM-12AM) in SF – Gaymers, LGBTQ Community & Men and Women willing to portray gay gamers, 18yrs and over, all sizes and ethnicities, including a few Cybergoth Ravers willing to dance on camera. Mix of Casual, Club Wear & Semi-formal/Formal attire desired. Some may work both 10/24 & 10/27. *Friends & Couples encouraged
– Mon 10/27 Gaymer Convention Goers (Approx 5AM or 6AM – 8PM) in SF – Gaymers, LGBTQ Community & Men and Women willing to portray gay gamers, 18yrs and over, all sizes and ethnicities, including some CosPlay Enthusiasts & a couple Furries. CosPlay looks must be approved. Some may work both 10/24 & 10/27. *Friends & Couples encouraged.
HOW TO SUBMIT: email the following to LookingExtras@gmail.com
- Subject line: Avail Date(s) 10/23, 10/24, 10/27, Name, Approx Age, Cell
- Height, Weight, City you live in, Union Status (Non Union or SAG-AFTRA#)
- Attach New Color Snapshot, chest up smiling/standing. No hats or sunglasses
- If submitting with friend/partner, include Name, Approx Age, Cell, email & Photo
- If into CosPlay or Cybergoth/Raver – note Cosplay or Raver in subject & Attach photos in costume(s)/raver attire we can fwd to Production for consideration
- Cars – Note Car Year, Color, Make & Model. Include photo if older/beater car
- Future Avail Submissions: In subject line, list individual all day M-F Avail Date(s) 10/28-11/14, Name, Approx Age, City you live in, Cell & rest of the requested info
Hours/Rates: Shoots can last up to 12-14hrs. Approx time frames provided. Exact report time unknown until eve before & we never know end time, so you must be avail morning to night without conflict. Non Union extras get a minimum payment of $85.92 (for 8hrs or less), overtime at time & ½ half and double time after 12 hrs (based on SF Min Wage $10.74/hr).
Additional $20 if cast with Car & $21.48 if pre-shoot Fitting required. SAG-AFTRA Members get scale, $37.50 for Car & $39.25 for fittings. Free Parking & lunch provided with snacks/drinks avail throughout.
Employment Requirements: Production uses a payroll company and Extras must have government approved ID to present for I-9 paperwork or you cannot work. U.S. Citizens must have current U.S. Passport OR 2 pieces: a valid Drivers License with either your Social Security Card or Birth Certificate.
Non U.S. Citizens must have a valid Permanent Resident/Green Card or Work Authorization from Dept. Of Homeland Security. Payment is mailed within about 15 business days.