The Mikado (Gilbert & Sullivan)
Location: Chicago, IL
TownSquare Players will be hosting auditions for “The Mikado” directed by Ward Green and musical direction by Susan Falbo Sunday August 23rd, and Monday, August 24th from 7-9:30 pm with callbacks on Wednesday, August 25th. Auditions will be held at the Woodstock Opera House located in Woodstock, Illinois, 121 Van Buren Street, Woodstock, Il, 60098. No appointment is needed.
Nine performances will be given in the month of November: Nov 7th, 8pm, Nov 8th, 8 pm, Nov 9th 3pm. Nov 15, 3 and 8pm, Nov 16 3pm, Nov 22, 3 and 8pm, Nov 16th 3pm. All roles are open, non have been precast. Prepare a musical number either from the show or similar genre. Bring music, accompanist provided.
- The Mikado of Japan (bass or bass-baritone)
- Nanki-Poo, His Son, disguised as a wandering minstrel and in love with Yum-Yum (tenor)
- Ko-Ko, The Lord High Executioner of Titipu (comic baritone)
- Pooh-Bah, Lord High Everything Else (baritone) Pish-Tush, A Noble Lord (baritone)
- Yum-Yum, A Ward of Ko-Ko, engaged to Ko-Ko (soprano)
- Pitti-Sing, A Ward of Ko-Ko (mezzo-soprano)
- Peep-Bo, A Ward of Ko-Ko (soprano or mezzo-soprano)
- Katisha, An Elderly lady, in love with Nanki-Poo (contralto)
- Chorus of School-Girls, Nobles, Guards and Coolies
Payment: Non Paid
City or Location of call: Chicago, IL
Please submit to: see above, this is an open call and no appointment is required.
This casting notice was posted by: TownSquare Players