COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SHORT FILM
AFRICAN AMERICAN CAST NEEDS COLLEGE AGE FEMALE AND MALE LEAD, MIDDLE AGED FEMALE AND MALE, A 5-10 YEAR OLD GIRL
Location: New York City (Columbia University)
Type: Student Films
Seeking actors for student short film to be shot on university campus. Auditions for this film, which is called “Afterbirth”, will be held in 413 Kent Hall at Columbia (116th St. & Broadway) on Saturday March 5th from 11am-5pm, and 411 Kent on Sunday March 6th from 12pm-3pm. Sides will be provided.
When a recent college grad strikes out on her own, an accident brings her face to face with a child from hell — who calls her Mommy.
- Erika is an ambitious college grad trying to be independent and make her way in the world. 18-24, black, female, A-type personality with a sense of humor
- Dominic is a domineering, extra social personality, rich and spoiled but with a heart deep down — Erika’s boyfriend. 20-25, black, male, preppy athletic type, a little arrogant
- Mom is an eccentric soul who is full of personality, a creative professional type, but still has a very respectable demeanor about her. 45-65, black, female, loud, inspirational and prone to breaking out in song
- Naila is an intuitive and emotionally mature little girl, the kind of kid who can have fun all by herself. A demon spawn with an unknown agenda. 6-10, black, female, mature
- Dad is respectable-looking and strong, the yin to his eccentric wife’s yang. His demeanor resembles his daughter Erika’s A-type personality. 45-65, black, strong build
- Principal is a serious suit wearing man, casually racist and concerned with maintaining an image. 45-65, white, medium build
Payment: Non Paid
City or Location of call: New York City (Columbia University)
Please submit to: by 2016-03-05
This casting notice was posted by: Columbia Student Short Film