Regular Position Available for Singers and Pianists
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Type: Other Projects
Songs by Heart is looking for professional level singers and pianists who are comfortable with the musical theater/ cabaret style, focusing on songs from the 1960s and before.
• Singers and Pianists collaborate to perform 45-minute sing-along programs daily, consisting of popular music from the early part of the 20th century. In addition to singing/ leading the songs, singers will be expected to interact with the residents – encouraging them to sing, dance, clap, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
• The singer must be able to perform an energetic and engaging 45 minute program each session.
• Pianists must have strong sight-reading abilities.
• Basic training in music therapy and how to interact with dementia sufferers will be provided by Songs by Heart, so previous experience in these areas is a plus, but not required.
• If hired, this would be a regular weekly or even daily commitment. Schedule will be determined based on the availability of musicians and the communities.
Auditions will be held on Friday, September 15 between 6 and 8pm.
non-profit musical outreach organization
City or Location of call: Cincinnati, OH
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2017-09-14
This casting notice was posted by: Songs by Heart