Celebrity Cruises – NYC Open Call for Singers & Dancers
Location: New York, NY
Celebrity Cruises – Open Call for Singers & Dancers
Celebrity Cruises is seeking performers for their groundbreaking and award-winning productions aboard their fleet of nine ships. They offer Modern Luxury vacations, visiting all seven continents, where every detail is created to private an unmatchable experience.
**Competitive salaries, global itineraries, friends & family privileges**
Casting Directors: Auri Marcus & Stephanie Jansen
Casting Associate: Kate Lumpkin
Seeking Union & Non-Union Performers. FEMALE roles require height of 5’3”-5’9″. MALE roles require height of 5’8”-6’1.” Athletic build and strong movement a must. Men should be comfortable shirtless.
Please see below for more detailed breakdowns. SEEKING ALL ETHNICITIES.
- MALE 1: [BARITENOR] Strong, handsome, and athletic leading man. Must be able to sustain an A comfortably. Playing an instrument, aerial experience, and/or rap a plus. MUST MOVE WELL.
- MALE 2: [TENOR] Pop/rock tenor who must be comfortable singing to a C. Playing an instrument and/or forced falsetto a plus. Diversity strongly encouraged. MUST MOVE WELL.
- FEMALE 1: [POP/ROCK BELTER] Pop/Rock diva, gorgeous and fit (can be curvy). Must have high belt to F. Sexy commanding presence that is full of star quality a la Beyoncé or Jennifer Lopez. Diversity strongly encouraged. MUST MOVE WELL.
- FEMALE 2: [SOPRANO] Pop/Opera/MT soprano (legit to D6 comfortably, belt to a D, mix/belt to an F5). Must be able to play both ethereal and quirky, a la Kristin Chenoweth. Great comedic timing a plus. MUST MOVE WELL.
- MALE & FEMALE SINGERS WHO DANCE and DANCERS WHO SING: SEEKING TRUE TRIPLE THREATS. We require experienced and technically trained vocalists with a strong dance background in jazz, ballet, commercial and partnering. All Female dancers must be able to perform in 3″ heels including leaps, turns, floor drops & partnering. Women must have a strong pop/rock belt to D and men (baritenors) to an A4 or (tenors) to a C4. Must be capable of understudying lead vocalist tracks as well as performing in the ensemble of dancers.
- FEMALE AND MALE DANCERS: Seeking fit, athletic and technically trained dancers with a strong background in jazz, ballet, contemporary, commercial, tap & partnering. Male dancers must have a strong physique and be capable of lifts. Females should have lean silhouettes and be able to perform in 3″ heels including turns, leaps, floor drops & partnering. Gymnastics, aerial training, tumbling and partnering skills are a plus. Aerial Opportunity: Dancers interested in aerial tracks must possess well-developed, strong bodies to sustain the rigorous demands of aerial work. Aerial performers must be willing to work at heights of up to 30′.
WHAT TO BRING: Please bring a stapled headshot and resume to the audition. Vocalists should bring their best 16 bars (preferably pop/rock) and have a contrasting piece ready if asked. An accompanist will be provided at the auditions and sheet music in the proper key is required. Female Dancers should be prepared to dance in 3″ heels and men should bring character/jazz shoes. Dancers who Sing – please bring your repertoire book as you may be asked to sing the same day. You must be a minimum of 18 years to audition.
www.celebritycruisesproductions.com | www.facebook.com/CelebrityProductionsStudios
WHEN: February 8, 2017 – Open Call for Vocalists & Singers who Dance
Sign-in 9:30 am – Female Singers
Sign-in 1:30 pm – Male Singers
February 9, 2017 – Open Call for Dancers & Dancers who Sing
Sign-in 9:30 am – Female Dancers
Sign-in 1:30 pm – Male Dancers
*Dancers who Sing, please bring repertoire book in case you are asked to stay and sing.
*Callbacks will be held February 10, 2017 by invitation only.
WHERE: Ripley-Grier Studios
520 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10018
City or Location of call: New York, NY
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This casting notice was posted by: Celebrity Cruises