The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Location: Atlanta, GA
All Auditions Are By Appointment Only at the Mable House Art Center in Mableton, GA. Call 770.819.3285 to register. Registration is through December 15th, and will resume again January 2nd.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame is based on the Victor Hugo novel and songs from the Disney animated feature, The Hunchback of Notre Dame showcases the film’s Academy Award-nominated score, as well as new songs by Menken and Schwartz. Peter Parnell’s new book embraces story theatre and features verbatim passages from Hugo’s gothic novel. Set in fifteenth-century Paris, this dark and beautiful retelling of the story follows Quasimodo, the deformed young bell-ringer in his journey out of Notre Dame’s towers and into the world he has been forced to observe from above.
Audition Requirements: Please arrive with a 32-bar audition selection from a contemporary musical that shows off your vocal range, belt, and personality. Please Note: Each student should bring sheet music to accompany their audition piece that is marked for the accompanist. A Capella auditions will not be considered, so it is very important that everyone brings sheet music with them to the audition! There will not be a dance audition for the show. Callbacks (If Necessary) will consist of performing numbers from the show as well as movement/character auditions with the director.
- Quasimodo Gender: Male Vocal range top: BB2 Vocal range bottom: BB5
- Clopin Trouillefou Gender: Male Vocal range top: F#5 Vocal range bottom: D3
- Jehan Frollo Gender: Male Vocal range top: E2 Vocal range bottom: BB4
- Florika Gender: Female Vocal range top: F#5 Vocal range bottom: E4
- Father Dupin Gender: Male Vocal range top: A3 Vocal range bottom: C3
- Captain Phoebus de Martin Gender: Male Vocal range top: Ab4 Vocal range bottom: A2
- Lieutenant Frederic Charlus Gender: Male
- Esmeralda Gender: Female Vocal range top: D5 Vocal range bottom: E3
- King Louis XI Gender: Male Spoken Solos, no necessary vocal range.
- Tribunal Gender: Male Vocal range top: E4 Vocal range bottom: G2
- Madam Gender: Female Spoken Solos, no necessary vocal range.
- Saint Aphrodisius Gender: Male Vocal range top: E4 Vocal range bottom: B3
- Congregation Gender: Both
The Theatre Project is a Cobb County Cultural Affairs educational community program. Registration is $250. If not cast, the $250 fee is refunded.
City or Location of call: Atlanta, GA
Please submit to: by 2017-01-07
This casting notice was posted by: The Theatre Project