Next to Normal Auditions
Location: Woods Hole, MA
The Woods Hole Theater Company is pleased to announce auditions for its upcoming musical, Next to Normal. We are looking for six accomplished actor/singers for this powerful rock musical. The story follows a mother whose struggles with bipolar disorder and the effects her illness and the attempts to alleviate it have on her family.
Early rehearsals will be held in Centerville or East Falmouth. Directed by Pat Farrell, Music Direction by Pam Wannie
Auditions: Sunday April 2nd at 6:30 PM and Tuesday April 4th at 6:30 PM at the Community Hall , Woods Hole
Show dates: the weekends of June 9-11, 16-17, 23-25
- Diana – Age 40ish Vocal range F5 to G3 – Delusional, bipolar, depressed, still attractive
- Dan – Age 40ish Vocal range B4 to Ab2 – Diana’s husband. Handsome, genuine, grown tired.
- Gabe – Age 18 – Vocal range C5 to B2 – Dan and Diana’s son. Dashing, athletic, bright, playful.
- Natalie – Age 16 Vocal range G5 to G3 – the troubled daughter, bright, musical, hard-working student
- Henry – Age 17 Vocal rangeB4 to G2 – Natalie’s classmate/boyfriend, musician, philosopher, a slacker.
- Dr Madden – Age 30-45 Vocal range A4-A2 – Diana’s handsome psychiatrist, assured, considered a ‘rock star’. Doubled with the Psycho-pharmacologist.
Prepare either a song from the show * or similar type to demonstrate your range and ability. You will also read from the script. Contact Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you do a song from show choose the following: Diana – “You Don’t Know” Dan – “I Am the One” Natalie – “Superboy and the Invisible Girl” Gabe – “I’m Alive”, Henry – “ Perfect for You” Dr. Madden – “Make Up Your Mind”
Sunday April 2nd from 6:30-9pm
Tuesday April 4th from 6:30-9:00pm
Payment: Non Paid
City or Location of call: Woods Hole, MA
This casting notice was posted by: Woods Hole Theater Company