Indie Film in DC
Location: Washington DC
This is a short film. This is an unpaid gig. However Food and Snacks will be provided for all rehearsals and filming dates.
Luke is a young law student and rising music artist from Richmond, VA. While performing a local showcase for young artist in Richmond, Luke’s Brother Jason was shot and killed in an incident between local police and unarmed man attending the showcase. After Jason’s death, Luke is torn between following his dream to be an artist and becoming the successful young lawyer his mother wants him to be.
He struggles with chasing his greatest passion while helping his family to recover from the death of his older brother Jason. Specifically, Luke’s mother Lisa who is unable move on after the death of her oldest child. 16 is the story of a young man trying to balance the expectations of the world around him with his own vision for his life.
- Luke-early to mid 20’s African American man. about 5’7″-5’9″
- Lisa-Mid 40;s African American woman. about 5’4″-5’6″
- Jason-late 20’s African American man. about 5’7″-5’9″
- Grandma-Late 50’s to Early 60’s African American woman
- Laron-mid 30’s African American man.
- News Reporter-Late 30’s African American woman.
- Extras also needed.
Payment: Non Paid
City or Location of call: Washington DC
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2018-07-01
This casting notice was posted by: 48 Karat Entertainment