2020-2021 Bruce E. Coyle Acting Internship Program
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park has launched the audition season for the 2020-2021 Bruce E. Coyle Acting Internship Program.
In order to further the development of the next generation of American actors, the Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park has supported one of the nation’s most respected internship programs since 1996. Named in honor of Bruce E. Coyle, a production stage manager and essential member of the Playhouse family for more than 20 years, the internship runs the full length of the season, from August to May. The focus of the program is to support young actors as they learn how a regional theater company operates and how to build a multi-faceted life as an artist.
All Interns will:
– Perform in one to two children’s theater productions that tour to schools and community centers.
– Work side by side with professional directors and actors.
– Perform in the annual production of A Christmas Carol.
– May have the opportunity to play other minor main stage roles.
– Have the opportunity to understudy main stage roles.
– Gain EMC points whenever involved in an Equity production.
– Produce, create and perform in site specific programming for Young Professionals.
– Receive training and opportunities to build a resume as a Teaching Artist.
– Are assigned to running crews for a maximum of two main stage productions.
– Perform administrative tasks connected to teaching, department projects and producing assignments.
– Receive a weekly stipend plus health insurance. The Playhouse does not provide housing.
– Participate in professional development trainings.
There is a three-step process for auditions, General Auditions, Call Backs and an Interview questionnaire. Candidates must be able to attend an in person Call Back to be considered for the program.
GENERAL AUDITION MATERIAL
Please prepare two contrasting, contemporary monologues and 16 bars of a musical theatre song to be sung A Capella. The audition should be no longer than 3 minutes total.
Bring headshots and resumes with you or submit with video link online.
Audition Schedule by Location:
General Auditions: Sunday, January. 19th, 2020
Call back Auditions: Feb. 15 for video submission callbacks and Feb.16 for general audition callbacks
New York City, NY
General Auditions: Monday, January 27th & Tuesday, January 28th, 2020
Call back Auditions: Jan. 29 for video submission callbacks and Jan. 30 for NYC general audition callbacks.
Videos are to be submitted through www.cincyplay.com, go to the employment page and select the Bruce E. Coyle Acting Internship Program on the right and follow prompts.
Submission Deadline: January 3rd, 2020
Call back Auditions: Jan. 29 in NYC and Feb. 15 in Cincinnati
TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION:
Go to https://www.cincyplay.com/learn/acting-internship-program
Please no calls or materials submitted through mail.
City or Location of call: Nationwide
Please submit to: See above
This casting notice was posted by: Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park