Casting Call for Improv Actors: Remote Shoot-Quarantine Comedy Show
Location: Upward Media Partners
Type: Web series
Calling all IMPROV COMEDIANS tired of being stuck in QUARANTINE!
The producing team at Upward Media Partners, Walter Richardson and Kathy Berardi (Golden Arm, The Most Interesting Developer In the World, Red Clip Video-Branded Shorts for Business, Stew, A Peacock-Feathered Blue, Forgive Us Our Transgressions) are conducting an online casting call for a short form mockumentary series that will be 100% shot remote from each performer’s individual location through user-generated content and online video conferencing. Read on for details about the show premise and how to be considered:
– The pilot episode of the new series will feature a diverse set of characters who join an online support group for people who are stuck in quarantine, on lockdown, live alone and “feel” they’re having the experience of being haunted by a ghost in their home. And this online support group IS their last hope for sanity, connection and to share what’s happening with the ONLY other people who will actually believe them because they’re experiencing the same!
– Fun outtakes of mockumentary hauntings, crazy group support therapy tactics and improv will drive this quarantine comedy short form series.
– Online/remote shoot of pilot will take place in June; with casting in May and digital distribution plans in progress.
– Project is seeking a cast of 4 improv comedians to join the show as online support group members. Aspiring + experienced comedians are encouraged to either share their reel of funniest moments shot on video (several links to online or social media clips are fine to share); or comedians who do not have available samples can also request details on creating and submitting a 60-90 second video audition based on an improv prompt from the show’s premise.
– Email UpwardMediaPartners@gmail.com for additional details or to submit samples by May 29 to be considered.
City or Location of call: Upward Media Partners
Please submit to: email@example.com by 2020-05-30
Upward Media Partners
This casting notice was posted by: Kathy Berardi