Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Student Films
– Dear Jacob is a dramatic, heartfelt film about a young man grieving over his twin brother, but to honor his death, the young man becomes his twin’s dream career.
– This is film is created by a film student at SMU who hopes to submit this work into festivals and their portfolio.
– This is a student made production, meaning it is an unpaid, non-union project. However, meals will be provided.
– This film will be shot within 3 days (Friday evening, all day Saturday, Sunday afternoon)
– Tentative shoot dates: October 22nd-24th.
– Jacob: Lead character. 17 to 22-year-old male. Any ethnicity. One of the fraternal twin brothers that is hearing impaired. He is reserved and keeps things cleaned and organized. He loves math and football. Jacob also wants to learn how to drive.
– Dylan: Lead character. 17 to 22-year-old male. Any ethnicity. The other fraternal twin who is gentle with Jacob. He is social and wants everyone to be included. Dylan loves documentaries and crime shows. He hopes to bring justice to the community.
– Nicole: Secondary character. 25 to 40-year-old female to play an older adult. Any ethnicity. The mother of Jacob and Dylan, and the wife to Daniel. She is stern and worries a lot. She does kiss Daniel in the second scene.
– Daniel: Secondary character. 25 to 40-year-old male to play an older adult. Any ethnicity. The father of Jacob and Dylan, and the husband to Nicole. He seems laid back but worries a lot just like Nicole. He does kiss Nicole in the second scene.
– Mrs. Lucy Clain: Secondary character. 25 to 40-year-old female to play an older adult. Any ethnicity. The new high school teacher in Jacob’s homeroom. She is aware of Jacob’s condition and tries to accommodate him as much as possible.
-High School Student: Multiple extras needed to create busy hallways and acquaintances for the twin brothers in a school setting. Will get to create your own high school student persona.
How to Audition:
– Contact Brianna Flores through email at email@example.com to set up an audition time and location.
– Location will be around the Dallas area.
– Auditions are on Sunday, September 26th. If this date does not work, then please specify in the email so we can reschedule.
Payment: Non Paid
City or Location of call: Dallas, TX
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2021-10-01
Send an email to email@example.com about availability to audition no later than Oct. 1st. An address will be provided on where in person auditions will be held. No script in advance. Will get one once you are there. You’ll have 10 minutes to prepare.
This casting notice was posted by: Brianna Flores, Film Department at SMU