Audition for musical Snow White and the Prince.
The West Bend Children’s Theatre will present the musical “Snow White and the Prince,” directed by Tom Berger.
Auditions will be held in early 2024, please see the exact dates below, with performances and show dates that are scheduled for the spring of 2024 at the West Bend Children’s Theatre.
West Bend Children’s Theatre is the oldest continually running community theatre group in the area, dating back to 1933. It is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization with the mission of presenting an annual, live musical theatre experience to area school children as well as well as awarding scholarships to local high school seniors.
You may bring your own prepared music (not from this show) to showcase your abilities. You may bring sheet music (we will have a pianist).
Show dates are Wednesday, April 17th – Saturday, April 20, 2024 at the Silver Linings Arts Center at the West Bend High School. Please note that to be cast, you will need to be available during the day as most shows run during the school day. However rehearsals for Snow White and the Prince will be in the evenings and some Saturdays beginning in February.
- SNOW WHITE: A beautiful Princess – the target of the Queen’s envy
- PRINCE PHILIPPE: A dashing, charming Prince – a bit of a romantic –who falls for Snow White at first sight
- QUEEN: Beautiful but self centered through and through – totally caught up in her OWN vanity – can’t stop asking the Mirror for compliments
- MIRROR: The Queen’s full-length “vanity” mirror who talks and walks. He hates being with the Queen and constantly answering her questions about her beauty. He is sarcastic and pushes the Queen to the edge, hoping to someday be in better company
- SNOW WHITE’S NURSEMAID: A kindly woman who loves Snow White and will do anything to keep her safe
- RUPERT / ENSEMBLE: Rupert is the Prince’s witty and faithful butler, valet, and friend
- THE SEVEN DWARVES: They are comical – they speak in rhymes – they come in various sizes and shapes.
- ENSEMBLE ROYAL SECRETARY GUARDS / ROYAL SERVANTS
Auditions are scheduled for Monday, January 22nd, and Tuesday, January 23rd at 6 pm in the Badger Middle School Choir Room. Callbacks, if needed, will take place on Wednesday, January 24th. Most roles are for adults, with limited opportunities for children. Prepare a piece of music not from the show for your audition, and bring sheet music if possible. The show runs from Wednesday, April 17th, to Saturday, April 20th, 2024, at the Silver Linings Arts Center at West Bend High School.
Note that daytime availability is required for performances, but rehearsals will be held in the evenings and some Saturdays starting in February. Established in 1933, West Bend Children’s Theatre is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to providing live musical theatre experiences to local school children and awarding scholarships to high school seniors.