BITV News Director/Anchor
This job is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate – you can be the point person for a growing news department while working in a fabulous community. The news director manages all facets of Bnews – Bainbridge Island’s weekly newscast. The news director must have proven news production experience, strong leadership abilities, professionalism, management skills, and a passion for community is a must.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS NECESSARY:
The news director must have a minimum of two (2) years experience managing news, and five (5) years of total news production experience including writing, shooting, editing, interviewing, and announcing news coverage of all types.
FINANCIAL AND BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS:
Must have assisted with marketing and fundraising efforts.
Must possess a four-year college degree in journalism, communications, or related field.
Manual dexterity to operate cameras, computers, and equipment commonly found in TV news departments. Must be available to manage local news coverage and participate in scheduled BITV activities and community events. Lots of energy is mandatory as well as a commitment to Bainbridge Island and being able to handle the needs of a growing news department.
1. Grow a professional, financially sustaining newscast.
2. Co-develop and implement goals and business objectives.
3. Develop and supervise television news staff, interns, and volunteers.
4. Uphold, communicate, and enforce policies, procedures and guidelines for operation of the news department, including all company policies.
5. Supervise the use of BITV news resources.
News Gathering and Production
1. Produce and meet deadlines for broadcasts and news specials.
2. Provide direction for news coverage including weekends, breaking news, and special reports.
3. Oversee distribution of the news content to be used on multiple platforms.
4. Produce, report, write, shoot, edit, and anchor.
1. Assist with marketing and fundraising.
Public Relations and Marketing
1. Build community and partner relations and represent BITV at events.
2. Develop PR and marketing that positions BITV/Bnews as a community leader and resource.
3. Create news promos.
1. The news director directs BITV journalism training efforts for the community and staff.
All applicants must submit a resume, complete an application, and post or send reel. Send to:
News Director/Anchor Search
PO Box 10449
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
www.bitv.org for more information