CASTING CALL FOR GILLIGAN’S ISLAND: LIVE ON STAGE!
Casting notice posted on auditionsfree.com, casting location: San Francisco
After last summer’s successful run of Gilligan’s Island: Live Onstage!, MOORE THEATRE is reprising its parody of the popular TV show.
We are looking for actors that “physically” resemble the original characters (mainly size/shape), but since it is a parody, we are flexible as far as ethnicity, gender etc. For example, Gilligan should be thin/lanky, the Skipper should be heavy-set, Mary Ann should be able to wear super-short shorts, but could be caucasian, black, asian, what have you. We are more flexible with some characters than others.
• GILLIGAN – thin/lanky, ethnicity open, prefer male, could possibly be female?
• LOVEY HOWELL – small to medium build, caucasian, female or male in drag ?
• GINGER – ethnicity open, definitely male in drag?
• SKIPPER – large/round build, ethnicity open, male?
• MARY ANN – smaller build, sexy, ethnicity open, female?
• PROFESSOR – regular build, ethnicity open, male
AUDITIONS: Monday, May 30 12pm-4pm? Tuesday, May 31 8pm-10pm
All auditions will be cold readings from the script; a monologue is not required
Rehearsals: Tuesdays 6-10pm & Saturdays 2-6pm, beginning June 3rd
Tech/Dress: Monday August 1st thru Friday August 5th, 6-10pm
Performances: Saturday & Sunday evenings, August 6th-28th
**To schedule an audition, please respond via email and include:
• preferred day – Monday or Tuesday
?• preferred time – if you cannot make the listed times, we will do our best to schedule another time?
• any major schedule conflicts?
• a link to your resume and headshot and/or bring a hard copy with you
?We will then confirm the location.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to hearing from you!
Casting Location: San Francisco
Contact email: email@example.com