Seeking Actors for Fun, Interactive Children’s Event
Location: Orem, Utah
– The Princess Festival is holding Open Auditions for our 2018 cast.
– We’re seeking male and female actors of all racial backgrounds and body types; ages 14-99 (plus one role for a Latina girl aged 8-10)
– Strong improv and audience-interaction skills required.
– “Circus arts” and singing, dancing skills are a bonus
– We have approximately 50 roles to fill with kid-friendly actors
– Roles include Princesses and Princes as well as general fairytale characters.
– MUST LIKE KIDS and be able to pass a background check to prove kid-safety-ness.
– The event will include 5-6 rehearsals (scheduled between July 1 and July 25).
– There are 5 days of performance (July 31-August 4) from the hours of 9am – 7pm.
– Actors will receive several 15 minute breaks and a 45 minute mid-day lunch break during each day of performance.
– Actors are expected to be available for ALL performance dates/times.
Following a basic script and engaging heavily in family-friendly improv, fully-costumed fairytale characters will guide groups of approx 20 children thorugh various magical lands where they spend time engaging with the Princess Festival’s Proprietary True Princesses in different adventures (such as a tea-party-gone-wrong and a misguided dragon chase,for example).
This is an upaid, volunteer gig. As a bonus, Actors will receive tickets for two children and two adults to the Princess Festival. Additinally, we are happy to write recommendations upon project completion.
Open Call for Auditions:
Friday, June 29 1pm-5pm
Saturday, June 30 10am-4pm
University Place (formerly the University Mall): 575 E. University Parkway, Orem Utah
(auditions held in the administrative offices on the 2nd floor next to RC Willey)
Demonstration of any other of your skills (if relevant)
Please bring headshot + body shot (need not be professional – just representative of you)
For more information contact:
Payment: Non Paid
City or Location of call: Orem, Utah
Please submit to: info@PrincessFestival.com
This casting notice was posted by: The Princess Festival