Location: New York City
??? (The Architect) Independent Motion Picture (Short)
Non-Union (SAG-AFTRA signatory)
The brief story of a middle-aged Korean-American engineer who falls in love with a bridge.
Park Jeong-Hyo, a mid-level employee at a civil engineering firm who always dreamed of becoming an architect, has fallen out of love with his wife, Park Jae-Gyeong. His life has receded to a place of tedious predictability. When a new co-worker, Bae Baram, shows an interest in him romantically, it rekindles his zest for life, if not his wife. He begins to notice the beauty of the world around him, in particular a bridge across which he walks every day on his way to and from his office. Invigorated by this new ‘joie de vivre’, he begins to construct a scale model of the bridge in the basement of his home, and to question his life’s trajectory (and the people in it).
BAE BARAM (20s): flirty, sarcastic, fun; a pretty young girl with a modern, Americanized look; the newest employee (and the only other Korean) in Jeong-Hyo’s office.
• Spoken Fluency in Korean a MUST (the script is written in English but intended to be performed in Korean)
In your email, please include:
• “RE: CASTING CALL: THE ARCHITECT [BAE BARAM]” as the subject line
• headshot & resume/experience/reel
Credit: IMDb/Copy etc.
Email your casting submission to email@example.com
• This casting call is for the requested positions only. It is not a general crew call. Thank you for your interest!
• See examples of previous work or get in touch for other projects at www.toreadorfilms.com
Project length: ~15 min
Production location: Bushwick
Production Company: Toreador Films
Director: Alexandre Pulido
Cinematographer: Greg Tango
Producers: Alexandre Pulido, Greg Tango, Rebekah Bae
Shooting Location: Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan
Shooting: 21 June – 23 June, 2019
Targeted Release: Summer/Fall Film Festival Circuit
City or Location of call: New York City
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This casting notice was posted by: Toreador Films