“The Shot” Open Casting Call
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
The Assassination of Dr. Kink has always baffled me. As we approach the 51st Anniversary of Dr. Rev King’s assassination, I was always thought of who the assassin was. James Earl Ray is a man with a record of petty crimes and a man who did not seem intelligent enough to pull off such a heinous crime by himself. I do find it very intriguing to learn of the young South African Photographer Joseph Louw who was with Dr. King accompanying him when this occurred while also creating a documentary on the life of Dr. King. So I see this as an opportunity to tell the story of the humble young photographer behind the camera and show the world the true story through the lenses of Joseph Louw. From this point of view I created “The Shot”.
Auditions Date: June 27th from 6:30pm – 8:30pm.
Location: Hampton Inn Conference Room
1650 Manhattan Blvd
Harvey, La 70058
Conference Room A
Casting Lead and Background Actors, Breakdown as follows:
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr – Male/African Americans (Age: 35-45)
-Leader of the civil rights movement; Will be target of fatal assassination.
2) Coretta Scott King – Female/African American (Age: 35-45)
-Wife of Dr. Martin Luther King. Strong supporter of her husband’s involvement in the civil rights movement. She is a caring wife and mother.
3) Ralph David Abernathy – Male/African American (Age: 40-50)
-Dr. Martin Luther King’s right hand man in the civil rights movement. Will be by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s side on the day of his assassination.
4) Jesse Jackson – Male/African American (Age: 25-35)
-Young fearless leader who was very close to Dr. King and his movement. Will be by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s side on the day of his assassination.
5) Hosea Williams- Male/African American (Age: 35-40)
– Civil rights leader who served with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr and would also be at his side on the day of his assassination.
6) Earl Caldwell – Male/African American (Age: 35-45)
-On site reporter, who will be the first to get story of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination and become a witness.
7) Ben Branch Male/African American (Age: 35-40)
-Musician, a saxophonist who will be preparing to play a final song request by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He will become a witness to his assignation.
8) James Laue- Male/Caucasian (Age: 30-35)
-A white man who is staying at motel same day of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination. Will have just enough courage to offer aid to a badly wounded Dr. King.
9) Lorre Bailey- Female/African American (Age: 45-55)
– The motel owner, the last place Dr. King will take his final words. Goes into a coma after the shooting and dies 5 days later, the day of MLK’s funeral.
10) Clara Ester – Female/African American (Age: 18-21)
-Young woman torn between Dr. Martin Luther King nonviolence movement and her young militant friends. She will be next to Dr. Martin Luther King’s body after the assassination and become a witness.
11) Mary Hunt- Female/African American (Age: 16-22)
-Young lady in college who will be visiting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with Clara Ester and will witness the assassination of Dr. King. Will not only become a witness, but will also be photographed in Joseph Louw’s famous Dr. Martin Luther King Assassination photo.
12) Georgia Davis Powers – Female/African American (Age: 35-45)
-The beautiful Kentucky senator who will arrive to the motel to support Dr. King rally and will also have warm eyes on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Will also be a witness in Dr. King assassination.
13) A.D King- Male/African American (Age: 35-40)
-Martin Luther King Jr.’s younger brother who walks strong alone side Dr. King’s movement. Will join his brother at the motel with his estranged lover. Will be a witness to Dr. King’s assassination.
14) Lucky Ward Female/Caucasian (Age: 35-40)
– Supports Dr. King’s civil rights movement and his having an estranged affair with Dr. Martin Luther King’s younger brother A.D King. She will become a witness to Dr. King’s assassination.
15) Billy Kyles – Male/African American (Age: 30-35)
– A respected reverend, who had a dinner feast prepared for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his entourage the day of his assassination. He will be a witness to Dr. King’s assassination.
16) Dwania Kyles Female/African American (Age: 8-15)
– Rev Kyles daughter who has been active in the civil rights movement early in age. Will be helping her mother prepare the feast that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was to attend
17) Judge Tanum- Male/Caucasian (Age: 60-90)
-South African Judge will charge Joseph Louw in court.
18) Attorney Paul – Male/Caucasian (Age: 35-45)
-South African attorney who will defend Joseph Louw in court.
19) Jace – Female/Caucasian (Age: 16-22)
– Young British backpacker through South Africa. She Will meet the elder Joesph Louw and learn his story.
20) Calvin- Male/African American (Age: 16-22)
– Young passionate freedom fighter. Respects Dr. Martin Luther King’s nonviolent ways but still feel blacks should fight back, even if it means violence.
21) Elder Joseph Louw – Male/African American/South African (Age: 16-80)
– South African old man, has retired as a farmer and now find himself telling his story to a young white girl who looks just like his past youth days lover.
22) David Parker – Male/Caucasian (Age: 45-55)
-FBI lead director who will plan an attack with the mob assistance, that will change American history.
23) Gino Montelly- Male/Italian (Age: 60-89) – Old mobster. Head of the Montelly family. Could even be considered a Mob God Father. Will accept a heinous plan from the FBI and have one of his sharpest assassins follow through with the job.
24) Raoul – Male/Caucasian (Age: 40-55)
– A mysterious man. Will move quietly and accurately pulling off one of America’s greatest assassinations and will set up an ignorant con man for the fall man while doing so.
City or Location of call: New Orleans, Louisiana
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This casting notice was posted by: Moonk Films Devoted