Performer – All at Sea by Acrojou
Location: London UK
Acrojou are looking for a physical theatre performer to join us for the 2022 summer tour of All at Sea.
Though originally created with a male performer, the callout for this role is non-gender specific.
UK Based artists only – South West / South East / London
A storm in a tea up, the cloud that we all carry, a boat-sized piece of one person’s inner ocean…
In limbo between life and death, a lone traveller crosses a vast ocean of memories and past hopes, accompanied by their own personal storm. All at Sea is an outdoor, non-verbal physical theatre show performed in a moving rowboat, complete with its own rainstorm . It tours outdoor festivals and events, which includes having informal conversations with local people at each tour location which are then mixed into that days soundtrack for the show.
Skills & Experience
– RequiredStrong performance presence, acting and comic ability
– Strong movement ability
– Comfortable engaging members of the public in conversation
– Use of basic sound editing software
– Must like water! The show will require the performer to get wet, as they will be rained on for the duration of the performance.
– Experience in small-scale outdoor touring
– Other languages spoken
Applicants must be very comfortable talking to new people. The soundtrack for All at Sea is built from recorded conversations with members of the public before each show. These are led and recorded by the performer on site at each tour location.
– Highly motivated
– Easy going
– Desire to contribute as part of our creative team
– Reliable, punctual
– Happy touring as part of a small but hard working team
All at Sea will be touring with a technical manager, however the performer may be called upon to assist in certain areas:
– Assisting on assembling the set or other technical preparation
Jan 2021: rehearsals
Tour dates: TBC May – Sept 2022, unconsolidated – Summer weekends
How to Apply
Please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Link to an example performance video or showreel (max 3 minutes. If on screen with multiple performers it is essential it’s clear who you are)
2)Short cover letter (250 words max) covering:
– your interest in the role
– your experience and skills in relation to requirements listed
– 2 references with whom you’ve worked on a recent creative devising process.
Deadline for applications: 5.30pm Friday 8th October 2021
Auditions will be held in London on 15th October 2021
City or Location of call: London UK
Please submit to: email@example.com by 2021-10-08
Please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org 1) Link to an example performance video or showreel (max 3 minutes. If on screen with multiple performers it is essential it’s clear who you are). 2) Short cover letter (250 words max) covering: A) your interest in the role B) your experience and skills in relation to requirements listed C) 2 references with whom you’ve worked on a recent creative devising process.
This casting notice was posted by: ACROJOU