Auditions for The Best Christmas Pageant Ever: The Musical
Sunset Playhouse theater in Elm Grove, Wisconsin will be holding an open call for adults and children for their holiday theater production of “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever”
Please join us and celebrate the holidays at Sunset!
Performances – Nov. 30-Dec. 17, 2023.
Auditions – September 24-25, 2023
Everyone is welcome to audition!
700 Wall St, Elm Grove, WI, 53122
SEPTEMBER 24, 2023
5-8PM – Children (ages 9-17)8-10pm
Adults (ages 18 and up)
SEPTEMBER 25, 2023
5-7PM – Children (ages 9-17)
7-10PM Adults (ages 18 and up)
SEPTEMBER 27, 2023
6-10PM Callbacks (if needed – may include both children and adults and may include a movement audition)
First Rehearsal: October 10, 2023
Tech/Dress: November 25-29, 2023
Performances: November 30-December 17, 2023
The Herdmans are the worst kids in the history of the world. When they crash Sunday school and demand parts in the Christmas pageant, the whole town panics.
It’s up to the Bradleys and the Reverend to help their community see the Christmas story and the Herdman kids through new eyes in this joyous musical adaptation of the funny and touching holiday classic.
Cast of Characters
- The Adults – Ages 20-70 (adult ages are very flexible).
- Grace Bradley – Sweet, good-humored, slightly frazzled mom.
- Bob Bradley – Easygoing dad, wry sense of humor.
- Helen Armstrong – Organized steamroller. She’s always in charge.
- Reverend Hopkins – Occasionally befuddled, always well-meaning.
- Luanne – Sassy, tells it like it is.
- Betty – Sweet southerner, calls everyone “honey.”
- Connie – Direct, no-nonsense person
- The Bradleys
- Grace Bradley – The mom – sweet, good-humored, and slightly frazzled.
- Bob Bradley – The easygoing dad, loves his family and has a wry sense of humor.
- Charlie Bradley – 10-13 – Typical kid brother, says what he thinks and likes to annoy his sister.
- Beth Bradley – 11-17 – Charlie’s older and wiser sister. She’s honest and kind and is a hard worker.
- The Herdmans
- Ralph – 13-17 – The oldest and coolest. He’s the enforcer.
- Imogene – 12-17 – Leader of the Herdmans. She’s loud, bossy, and crafty.
- Leroy – 11-17 – Ralph’s backup. Very confident in the muscle department.
- Claude – 10-13 – Scrappy and smart.
- Ollie – 9-11 – A bit of a naïve urchin who follows the older boys’ leads.
- Gladys – 9-11 – Little but fierce. Nothing scares Gladys.
- The Friends (may also be cast as understudies for roles above)
- Alice Wendleken – 11-17 – Know-it-all. She thinks she’s perfect.
- Elmer Hopkins – 10-14 – Preacher’s kid, which means he needs to behave and be nice.
- Teddy Shoemaker – 9-12 – Wimpy kid with glasses, asks too many questions.
- Ivy Reed – 11-17 – Beth’s earnest friend who is sometimes a goody-goody.
Director/Choreographer –Karl Miller
Music Director – Mark Mrozek
Stage Manager – Christine White
Visit SunsetPlayhouse.com for full information and to reserve your audition spot!
Adults and children needed.