The 2016 season of Vikings, season 4, is beginning production this spring and there will be 3 open casting calls for extras to appear in the show.
Vikings films in Ireland and will be holding 2 casting calls in Dublin as well as one in Wicklow. The show’s casting directors are seeking 1000’s of extras to work on the show, the production says the number is about 8000… so we know there will be some wicked battle scenes coming up. The show is seeking extras of all ethnicities ages 16 and over in the area.
The show will begin production in April and will continue production into December of 2015. All extras applying must be local to Ireland and have a flexible schedule which would make them available to be on set, sometimes on short notice. No appointment or registration is necessary. Talent interested in appearing on the 2016 season of “Vikings” just needs to attend one of the open calls. There is no need to bring a photo as photos will be taken at the event. Currently, they are seeking all types. More specific calls may be issued as filming begins.
Last year the site Screenrant offered up some insight into what may come is season 4. In an interview with Michael Hirst, Hirst talked about “Vikings” season 4. He talked about the trip to Essex which is in the current season and mentioned that the group will be headed to Paris in the current season which will spill over into season 4 of Vikings. The History Channel also has an interview with Michael Hirst where he mentions that season 4 (2016) will continue the storyline beginning in season 3.
When we go to Paris, we meet the French Emperor, whose the grandson of the great Charlemagne and his daughter. They’re both very important, because this is a story-line that isn’t going to go away. It’s a story that will go right through season 3 and then straight into season 4. It will have a huge impact on several of our leading characters.
If you live in Ireland and are a huge fan of Vikings, here is your chance to get in on the battles. The show will have 3 open calls total. They will be in Dublin for 2 days and Wicklow for 1. See all the information below for the full details on how to apply.
FILMBASE, Curved St, Temple Bar, D2
Tuesday 31st March 2015 between 9.30am -4.30pm
Wednesday 1st April 2015 between 9.30am – 5pm
The Grand Hotel, Abbey St, Wicklow Town
Tuesday 7th April between 10am – 6pm
Our Open Casting days are open to adults of all ethnic backgrounds. Please refer to our EVENTS page for further information and some points/tips for the day. Please Share this link to others who you think may be interested or may know somebody who is.
Many Thanks and Good Luck!
– This is mainly for adults aged 16yrs +
– It is for people from all ethnic backgrounds
– You DO NOT need an appointment
– You only need to attend one of the days to apply
– You will be asked to fill out an application form, which we will give you upon arrival
– We will take a photo of each person when there
– Please only attend if you wish to apply, time is limited and we want to give everyone genuinely wishing to apply a chance. You will be asked to leave if you are just hanging out with friends
– The process will only take about 20x mins
You need to be a full time resident in Ireland. We will be filming mostly in the Dublin and Wicklow areas and when we call for work/fittings, notice can sometimes be very short so availability should be good
– Please know, bring along all your measurements e.g. your Height, Chest, Dress, Shoe sizes etc. as you will be asked to put these all on the application form
– You do not need to bring an additional CV or Headshots along, but we will accept them if you wish
– In terms of specific skills or appearances we are after Fishermen, Metal Workers, Carpenters, Craftspeople, Farmworkers, Axe Men/Women, Skilled swords people, M&F Archers, Bowmen & Women, M&F Rowers,
M&F Sailors, Ship hands & Deckhands, Calligraphers, Latin Speakers, Musicians, Midwives, Nurses, Animal Handlers, Hunters, Blacksmiths, Lumber Jacks, Tree Surgeons, Whittlers, Males with long hair and Beards, Over 6ft sporty types, No visible tattoos, Women with naturally coloured hair, all men prepared to grow hair and beards, Men and women with punk style haircuts. This is far from a definitive list but it gives you an idea of how broad our search is so have a think beforehand and bring as much information about yourself as you can.
– Remember, THIS IS NOT A DEFINITIVE LIST OF APPEARNCES, SKILLS, HAIRSTYLES!
– We will begin filming end of April and run through to December
– We require at minimum of 8000 extras
– All jobs are casual/temporary
– If you arrive late we cannot permit entry as we have only hired the venues out for a set amount of hours and need to vacate the premises at said times
– If selected we may call people anytime between now and end of filming
– When called, we will discuss dates of filming with people and ask you to come out to the studio for fittings before filming
– To give yourself a better chance. Please fill out the application forms fully and correctly!
The current season of “Vikings” is airing now and season 4 will premiere in early 2016, on The History Channel.